No announcement yet.

Bundesmarine Dienstmütze (M-43)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uwe brings up an excellent point that I hadn't noticed. In post #11, the cap with the possible officer gold piping part of the Marine Landeinheiten uniform, is grey, and technically would likely be a Dienstmütze, not a Bordmütze.

In searching the internet today, I found a great site with super photos from the past few decades of various sailors serving on the Schulfregatte Sheer. Here's the website. I've linked a few of the photos:
    http://www.schulfregatte-scheer-hp.de

The following are listed under the the section entitled, "Kameraden 59-61". Of note is in subsequent series of photos (1962-64, etc), the M-56 Bordmütze is no longer seen in any of the photos.

Right away, some of my theories are finished. If the timeframe is correct, the Schiffchen is already in use and present with the M-56 Bordmütze. Maybe this timeframe overlaps with the introduction of the Schiffchen and the phase-out of the M-56?

None of the blue Bordmützen have any badge other than the cockade. The first photo, of the man sitting, would appear to show some type of piping to the cap. I think this is just shadows though.

For Kriegsmarine fans, the Pudelmütze appears to have survived until the early 1960s:
    Last edited by SprogCollector; 06-13-2009, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
      Hi,

it could be, that even the illustrator did not know the correct colours!

The picture is from the original booklet in my collection, made with always the same settings.

Uwe
      Uwe,
      The black and white drawing in my Marine Fibel has a caption below page with the Marine-Landeinheiten Arbeitsanzug and Dienstanzug for Obermaat and Kapitänleutnant which states, "Farbe wie Heer, jedoch mit Knöpfe und Abzeichen der Marine in altgold". So it appears the Landeinheiten wore the same Affenjacke as Heer except with naval badging and buttons. I think it safe to presume that the grey Dienstmütze is the same as the army but likely with gold officer piping.

Comment

Hi,

"I think it safe to presume that the grey Dienstmütze is the same as the army but likely with gold officer piping."

Yes, I likewise think this. When you compare the pictures in Post 1, there is not such a difference.
        See the Dienstuniform in the first picture in the first row and the second picture in the last row.

The added text in the booklet from 1956 is:
        "Tuchmantel wie Heer, jedoch mit Knöpfen und Abzeichen der Marine in altgold"

Uwe

Comment

SprogCollector - Great photos of the early Bundesmarine (as it was called back then and not now), thanks for posting.

Does anyone have a close-up photo of those distinctive two toned deck shoes that they could post on a separate thread?

Thanks - TJ

Comment

TJ,

you can see the two toned deck shoes in Post 1, third row, the picture next to last. And in Hormann, page 166 and 176.
            They are black and light brown.

Uwe

Comment

TJ,

I have a photo at home and if you can not find a good one before I return I'll post it then.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Is this the same style?
                http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-WWII-GERMAN-...mZ220434707376

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X