Feuerwehr Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feuerwehr Cap

I picked this cap up about 20 years ago when I was living in Germany. M-43 style cap for the Feuerwehr in Bayern. It belonged to my neighbor.

This is a subject area far outside my area of collecting. I thought it unique in that Bavaria seems to have stayed away from the more commonly seen Feuerwehr colors of dark blue/black caps with a pink-purple piping.

Last edited by SprogCollector; 05-31-2009, 03:49 PM.

Sprogcollector,

Nice cap. They have such a unique cap badge that I have always found them interesting.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon: I'm pretty clueless on these caps. IIRC the cap badges came in three grades -- bronze, silver and gold. I have no idea what the various grades represent.

I think the cap badge is unique to Bayern with other states having variations.

Comment

SprogCollector,

Yes, this cap badge was unique to this state. Several other different cap badges were in use as well. There is probably a simple asnwer to this but what does IIRC stand for?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

Comment

Originally posted by SprogCollector View Post
            Gordon: I'm pretty clueless on these caps. IIRC the cap badges came in three grades -- bronze, silver and gold. I have no idea what the various grades represent.

I think the cap badge is unique to Bayern with other states having variations.
            The cap badges and collar tabs interestingly are identical. The three grades are actually altsilber for enlisted men, silber for officers and gold for Brandinspektor (or something like that). Yours appears to be enlisted but flash makes it hard to tell if finish is dull or shiny. The Feuerwehrleistungsabzeichen are what came in bronze, silber and gold.

There is Feuerwehr thread somewhere on here with some Fw items including Bayern Feuerwehr tunic.

regards
            Klaus

Comment

Gents,

Here is a thread Klaus started some time ago. Klaus has "disposed" of his Feuerwehr items to concentrate on his BGS collection. Once I get home I can post the "disposed" of items on the forum. There was some really nice stuff there!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=feuerwehr

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X