This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
    I am still looking for a rank chart for the laufbahnabzeichen on the Berlin Polizei guy.

Comment

Eagle,

Thanks a lot for the rank chart. During what years were these ranks worn?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Up to 1973/74.

Comment

Eagle,

Thank you.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
            Some new books, to me, added to my library lately. I am still looking for a rank chart for the laufbahnabzeichen on the Berlin Polizei guy.
            Gordon

The chart posted for the Berlin rank insignia is only a partial one, it's missing a few.

That being said I think the book you have might have some significance. I think the insignia depicted might actually be from a prototype uniform.

From 47-61 Berlin used a shoulder board rank system. The hat badge was also just the small silver starburst. In 61 they switched to the rank system worn on the jacket sleeve. The patch was worn on left sleeve, rank on the right. They also switched to the starburst badge with wreath and cockade under it.

Also, the insignia was actually worn until 1976.

The hat badge in the magazine looks like a starburst badge in the center of the wreath. The sleeve rank worn under the patch is also unusual. Can't tell what the patch reads, I assume Schutzpolizei, but maybe something else.

Also, the kragenspiegel seem to have a silver cord around them so it might designate an NCO ?

I'm making some inquiries and hope to have a better answer soon.

The whole Berlin / Bonn is a complex thing. For the record Bonn was the recognized Capital from 49-94. They simply could not have the official capital behind enemy lines so to speak. The divided city caused a lot of pain. Remember, the police in West Berlin actually changed their stadtwappen because they did not want to be associated with the police in East Berlin.

Andrew

Comment

Andrew,

Thanks for your comments. I have always considered the uniform on the cover of the book you referred to as a trial one with insignia that was not adopted. I would really appreciate any information that you can shed on this picture.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Wanted to post a few books from my library, that have not been posted yet. First is illustrated book about the BGS. 1966 revised reprint of the 1961 edition. Many good reference photos from 1950s-60s.

Comment

One of the only books about the Seegrenzschutz (first attempt of a naval border guard). Authour was one of the founding officers, so book is part memoir, part reference. With reference photos and technical information about all ships in SGS service. Printed 1982.

Comment

Former german mountain troops:

https://youtu.be/XBs2r9EG-ss

delta576

Comment

Thanks delta576
                      You showed us the movie
                      on minute 7:16 is good to see the Knight Cross bearer
                      Sigfried Gerstner (Parachute Pioneer in World War 2)

Comment

Great video! I especially liked the display of the Sturmsomersault ski technique shown towards the beginning

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X