No announcement yet.

What is this Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ther5e are two types of yellow (shades) one is Fernmeldtruppe, and the other is Panzeraufklärungstruppe or Fernspähtruppe, or Panzerabwehr. Here would appear to be Panzerabwehr, or Fernspähe. (Panzers do not do to well in the mountains).

And to the comment that "the Edelweiß is on the wrong sleeve", the Edelweiß has ALWAYS been on the left, the same as all other unit badges.

Do not take photos, or records of ANYTHING before 1960 as evidence of anything. The uniform regulations were only in their infancy, and basically people sewed on badges where ever it suited the C.O of the unit.

To some extent this goes today. I am allowed to have Tätigkeitsabzeichen on my shirt and Bordjacke. My mate in another unit is only allowed the metal ones on dress uniform.

But at least today which SIDE they are on is standardised.

Comment

Furor Teutonicu,

I must disagree with your comment below. I beleive that Uwe has cited sufficient evidence, and there are pictures to support it, that the Edelweisse was at one time worn on the right sleeve as it had been in the Wehrmacht. Saying that because you have some leeway as to where you wear badges in 2009 is not sufficient proof that the same thing was allowed in 1957-1962.

"And to the comment that "the Edelweiß is on the wrong sleeve", the Edelweiß has ALWAYS been on the left, the same as all other unit badges."

Regards,

Gordon
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Furor Teutonicu,

my problems are not resolved.

"Here would appear to be Panzerabwehr, or Fernspähe"

It could be "Panzeraufklärer-, Fernspäher- or Feldnachrichtentruppe"

But it is, based on the pictures in Post 3, 4, 8 and 29 "Fernmeldetruppe".

"the Edelweiß has ALWAYS been on the left, the same as all other unit badges."

We are talking here about a "Sonderabzeichen für Gebirgstruppe", not about a unit badge, please see my Post 22 and the picture from Gordon in Post 32.

Please, be precise.

Uwe

Comment

Addition:

Furor Teutonicu:
          "Do not take photos, or records of ANYTHING before 1960 as evidence of anything."

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense.

The source for the picture in Post 22 is:

Taschenbuch für Wehrfragen 1959, herausgegeben von Hans Edgar Jahn und Kurt Neher in Zusammenarbeit mit dem Bundesministerium für Verteidigung

... in cooperation with the Federal Ministry of Defense.

The preface is from Minister Franz Josef Strauß.
          22 of the 28 employees are members of the Federal Ministry of Defense.

Uwe

Comment

I will post this uniform on the E-stand shortly should you wish to consider buying it.

And thanks to all who have taken the time to make comment.

James
            Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
            Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
            Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

The answer of all your question on a modern BW-uniform is in: "ZDv 37/10"
              The Edelweiß-Sleevebadge is for the 1. GebDiv and Gebirgs-und WinterkampfSchule.
              There are 4 different Edelweiß. White/Black border, white, red and yellow border.
              The white/black is for the Division-Troops, like GebFlakRgt 8, GebInstBtl 8, GebAufklBtl 8 and so on.
              The Edelweiß with the white border was for the PzGrenBrig 22, red border for GebJgBrig 23 and yellow border for PzBrig 24.
              Most of these troops was unfortunatley disbanded. My old Regiment too

This tunic can be also one of the Führungs-UnterstützungsRegiment 60 wich belonged to the Wehrbereichs-Kommando VI (former 1.GebDiv/WBK VI)

You can find all kind of branchcolors on a skiblouse. But only on the tabs, never on the boards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X