Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian Border Police rain jacket

Hello,
    I got this from a pile of clothes on the side of the road several years ago. It's in excellent condition and complete as far as I can tell. The patch is original to it, though it appears that it had another oval patch at one time that was removed before this one was added. I can't find any markings other than a size tag in the collar that says 52. The zipper pull is marked OPTI and the reverse of the pocket buttons have the Assmann logo and Extra Fein.

I just wanted to see if anyone could tell me the approximate date for it before I put it on the e-stand.
    Thank you,
    Dale
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

pockets
      Attached Files

Comment

cuff
        Attached Files

Comment

sleeve patch
          Attached Files

Comment

interior
            Attached Files

Comment

Probably 1960s or early 70s? It is definitely pre-green uniform era (after 1976), and they changed patches when adopted new uniforms. I found old photo (ca. 1960s?) of your type of jacket in use from Bayern Polizei website:

"Ein Grenzpolizist bei einer Bergstreife"
              http://www.polizei.bayern.de/wir/ges...dex.html/23287

regards
              Klaus

Comment

Klaus,
                Thank you. This at least narrows it down to most likely pre-1976. That's more than I knew before.
                Dale

Comment

Now for sale on the e-stand under international items.
                  Dale

Comment

Here is a bablefish English traslation of the site Klaus directed us to.

Regards,

Gordon

Special task border control: The Bavarian border police

For the borderpolice single service at the foreign borders and on airports in principle the Bavarian border police were responsible until 1998.

Apart from the passport check and the monitoring of the frontier traffic it had to secure also the “Greens so called” borders, in particular to the neighbours Czechoslovakia and GDR. Thus illegal border crossings and smuggling should be prevented. Furthermore the border police collected messages over endangerments of the border. Ordered for special tasks starting from 1968 borderassigned, which should regulate locally questions to the course of the border and maintain contacts to the security authorities neighbour states.

As a sign of Bavarian self-sufficiency the Bavarian border police were maintained also after the list of the Federal Border Police 1951. Only the tariff border service ignored 1947/49 to (federal) the department of finance. Also to the integration desired into the country (it) police did not come it for a long time. Instead the Bavarian border police transferred in a 30 kilometers broad border strip to 1960 gradual general-police tasks of execution. Their personnel level increased from at the beginning of approximately 1,800 officials on up to 3.200.

1990 was omitted first the agencies along the border to the former GDR. The dismantling of the border controls to Austria led finally 1998 to the dissolution of the Bavarian border police as independent federation. The remaining borderpolice tasks fulfill since then the Bavarian police force and the Bavarian state criminal police agency.

Comment

Now known as Bundespolizei. A bit like State troopers in powers.

For any one who can read German;

http://www.bundespolizei.de/cln_116/...tml?__nnn=true

May be helpful as to the history.

Known as Bundesgrenzschutz, from 1951 until 30/06/05.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X