Modern Bundeswehr Medal Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern Bundeswehr Medal Bars

Can somebody post some pictures of modern day Bundeswehr medal bars please? What is the highest award one can get in the Bundeswehr today?
    Thanks!

You will RARELY see a real, worn medal bar today.

The Kleiderkasse offers to make it for ridiculous prices, but when to wear it???
    For the daily business a ribbon bar is enough and for the real rare occasions to wear evening dress You can have a much cheaper miniature bar. (what I also did at my marriage)

So what is the highest a Bundeswehr soldier can get?
    The Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr in Gold of course or a Bundesverdienstkreuz in the different classes up to the Großes Verdienstkreuz mit Stern und Schulterband (Great cross of merit with star and sash) which is still below a grand cross.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Here are some rare images:

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Why are they so rare?

Is one of them yours Jens?

Comment

Almost as Ugly as AUSTRALIAN Medals!!!!!

Aaaaghhh! Those are nasty!!! All exactly the same ICKY gilt finish and flat, two-diemnsional, lifeless, pressed-cookie designs! They look like Blackington shooting trophy medals!

Maybe the people who "design" these should be FORCED to WEAR some!

Comment

Rolf: You have nearly no occacions to wear them as "normal" soldier or reservist. Maybe if you are an attaché or in diplomatic functions but even this is very rare. The second point is that the most soldiers don`t have such a lot of medals and it is very expensive to let them made at the Kleiderkasse.

Below are some of my awards as an Oberfeldwebel in the reserve. The big medal-bar I made myself as some kind of "try if it works" but had also no occasion to wear it so far.

Rick: Yes! But the most modern medals (US, british etc.) are like this...
                Attached Files

Comment

Jen's,

Modern British medals are still of the cupro nickel or related metal, I can see a similarity between the NATO, UN and American medals though. NATO and UN medals are permited to be worn but are not a British medal.

Everyone from the Russian's to the Southern Irish got the same Former Yugo, Belgian made cardboard medal and still do.

I like the West German medals, you don't see them for sale very often though how come the IFOR and Former Yugo. Aren't next to each other ?

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by JensF.
                    Below are some of my awards as an Oberfeldwebel in the reserve. The big medal-bar I made myself as some kind of "try if it works" but had also no occasion to wear it so far..
                    What's the medal in the middle? (...given my handle, is it really a surprise that I'd ask? )

--Chris

Comment

Marcus: I think it is because our regulations state that foreign medals (of the same "grade") have to be worn in chronological order. Maybe this soldier got the UN medal first.

landsknechte: It is the Marching Medal of the swiss Bern-Marche.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X