VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the BMI - Bundesministerium Innern - Federal police have a shoulder patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the BMI - Bundesministerium Innern - Federal police have a shoulder patch?

I have a Walther P5 pistol that has crossed out BMI property marks on the slide. I would like to find a Federal Polizei patch or BMI patch to display with it. Anyone seen one or have ideas for a source? thanks

I think you mean the new Bundespolizei. I think it would be hard to find an original. Iknow that there are copies around. Next week I can try to find one on an internal police show if you want.
    It would be a one-piece Patch with the German Eagle and Polizei. similar to the Police Patches and not like the old 2-piece ones with Bundesgrenzschutz.
    Nico

Comment

BMI polizei

Thanks Nico - I ordered one of the new federal polizei patches that I believe you are talking about, but i was wondering if there was a period patch worn by the BMI police, if there was such a thing, or if the fed. police in about 1983 had a different style shoulder patch or not. If there was a patch with "BMI" on it, I'd want one of those too.

Comment

I know that the "Polizei des Bundestages" has an own Breast hanger but nobody's using it as they all use dark coloured civillian Suits. Maybe the same with the BMI Polizei.
        Nico

Comment

The Bundesministerium des Innern is Federal Interior Ministry in charge of federal police forces, not a police force themselves. In 1983, that meant Kriminalpolizei, Verfassungsschutz (both plain clothes) and possibly BGS (although they used "BUND" to mark equipment). They would not have patch since ministry personnel wear suits.

From BMI Website www.bmi.bund.de:
          Das Bundesministerium des Innern ist verantwortlich für die Sicherheit, den Schutz der Bürger vor Gewalt, Terrorismus und Kriminalität wie für den Schutz unserer Verfassung, damit die hier festgeschriebenen Grundwerte weiterhin gelebte Wirklichkeit in unserer Gesellschaft bleiben. Für diese Aufgabe stehen ihm das Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz, das Bundeskriminalamt und die Bundespolizei zur Verfügung.
          My (not so great) translation. Things do not always translate nicely:
          "The Federal Ministry of the Interior is responsible for the Security, the protection of the citizens from violence, terrorism and crime as well as for the protection of our constitution, so that the here stated values remain further lived reality in our society. For this assignment, the Federal Administration for Constitutional Protection, the Federal Criminal Administration and the Federal Police stand for order."

regards
          Klaus

Comment

Thanks for all the good info. That BMI site has a translate button to click into English. I believe that P38 and P1 pistols were issued to BGS troops and marked with BMI, so it could be that the P5 was issued to BGS. I'd like to think it was also carried or meant for undercover personnel! That is rather interesting.

Comment

Walther P5

Here she is...
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X