2 Very early BW off. visors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Very early BW off. visors

I posted this a few days ago in the TR cloth headgear section. Now I see that this is most likely the section in which to put it.

I just picked up these two very interesting early BW visors. They belonged to the same man. Interestingly, one seems much more blue than the other.

They come from a fairly extensive grouping. The fellow was Pioneer Lt who sevred in Poland 1939, France 1940, Russia 1941, Normandy 1944 and then finished the war in the east. He spent 5 years as a Soviet POW then rejoined after the Bundeswehr was created.

The hats are from the same manufacturer but just a little bit different. It's neat to notice that the maker was on Dachuerstrasse in Munich. Just down the street from where the big Munich flea market was back in the 80s. I must have driven past that hat maker a dozen times on my way to bargain hunting at the floh markt.

Hi Ken ,

Thanks for showing these two beauties.
    Your photos are top too !

Regards

Bernhard

Comment

Very nice hats, Ken. I have started collecting the early BW visor hats and cannot seem to find any Bundeswehr Luftwaffe officer hats from the 1950s.

Does anyone know where I might find any?

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Ken,

Very nice hats and nicely marked inside as well.

Bob,

Only place you are likely to find early BW hats are on ebay.de or auctions out of Germany. Early BW hats or uniforms are getting harder to find now that they are becoming popular with German collectors. Prices are certainly going up as well. See my post on the Bahnpolizei items for an early Bahnpolizei hat.

Regards,

Gordon
        Last edited by Gordon Craig; 12-07-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Nice visors! These would be the second-pattern of hats used by the BW -- introduced circa 1958. The initial pattern officer visors were the same except for having plain black visors. I would take a close look and see if the caps had their visors replaced to meet the 1958/59 pattern change.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X