Fake Bundeswehr Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proud Kraut View Post
    Unfortunately I can't help you with that, I don't know. All I remember conserning the code is, that "12" stands for German made.
    Not 100% right. It means that this is an german Government Item like BW or BGS. It doesn't say anything about the original Manufacturer. I have some Dutch made Caps somewhere with a 12 for German Use.

Comment

Hi Vindicare,

If I understand you correctly, the 1973 jacket is the one with the "wrong" buttons? If true this doesn't surprise me at all since 1973 was the first year the 3rd Model was produced. At least it appears to be.

When transitions happen it is very, very common for some of the new items to be manufactured with some old features. Often the reason is because the government already paid for some parts with previous contracts. Think about this from a cost standpoint:

Option 1 - throw away old buttons that are already paid for, then pay more money for new buttons

Option 2 - use old buttons until they are gone, then buy new ones

Option 2 is the one that makes more sense, though sometimes this isn't practical or worth doing.

So this doesn't bother me at all. The colors don't bother me at all either. There's a wide range of colors even when brand new, but as soon as the items are washed the color changes.

My conclusion is you have two genuine 3rd Model jackets. Very nice ones too

Steve

P.S. if the "wrong" buttons are on the 1979 jacket then it is a little strange, but I still think it's genuine. Maybe someone found a warehouse full of buttons and they decided to use them up.

Comment

I'm speechless: Dienstanzug "Generalinspekteur" hahahaha with silver buttons, missing golden braid etc. etc....

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BW-Bundeswehr...item4ab4f077dc

This one will go for big money, you will see!

Lars

Comment

This piece of junk is offered for the second time - or the seller made two of them.
          The evil in this creature is that he actually never writes that this is an original uniform ...only "original insignia" ... so its no lie but a kind of fraud...

Jens

Comment

Jens, you nailed it. It's not the Uniform of a Generalinspekteur (of course) but "Uniformjacke with Effekten (General)". My guess is a final bid of 100,- Euros plus ;-)

Comment

...and thats for sure a good deal for him as the parts would never sell for this amount ... collar tabs maximum 25,- , shoulderboards for the coat maximum 25,- and a stripped EM jacket for 2,- ...

Jens

Comment

And you can't say it's a fraud, because he writes that this is a Bundeswehr Jacket with Generals Insignias and not a Genrals Jacket.

Comment

Sorry for bumping this, but I'm looking for a parka like the ones in the original post for my brother (hes a collector), but I don't want to get him a fake! The one I'm looking at on ebay has elbow patches - are these usual?? I know you can get a better idea looking at the tag, but this one apparently doesn't have one on the lining (shes only showing me the tag of her partners), there is a tag on the inner pocket that appears to read RACKAUF OHG. in red lettering. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X