Beautiful Hat !!!! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
      Beautiful Hat !!!! Tom
      Beautiful price, too.

N

Comment

Gents,

Attached please find a candid bee gee photo from the 70's.

All the best,
        TJ
        Attached Files

Comment

You don't see this too often--one-piece all bullion insignia:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Rare badge on a rare hat! Good find!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
              You don't see this too often--one-piece all bullion insignia:
              Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tom

Comment

Nice cap! Not seen one with such early example before (and with such fat eagle!). Any pics of interior?

Unfortunately can not find any infos about these one-piece wreath caps, except they rarely appear in period photos from any period. There is one in ad for Alkero from mid-50s issue of "Der Grenzjäger" however.

Regards
                Klaus

Comment

BGS Video

I just discovered this video that was posted on YouTube. It is a compilation of home videos that were filmed in the field, back in 1964-1965. There are some outstanding shots in this!
                  Great footage of camp life and field equipment!

BGS Walsrode GSA A Nord

https://youtu.be/mNjbBGSubxc?list=PL...eyYJbNqAQ3ISrF

Comment

I just realized that the video I posted the link to was already added to the discussion! Oh well.............. it never hurts to take another look at it!

I guess I am wondering about the walled tents. Were these "officer's quarters". I am guessing that you had to be fairly high-up in rank to get one these "mansions"!

Comment

BGS Aviator Pants

Yesterday I stopped by our local thrift store and I discovered three pairs of BGS pants hanging on the rack! I bought all three pairs for a few dollars each!

The pants are unissued and two of the pairs still have the temporary tags sewn on the outside. All three date to the 1970's.
                      I understand that these are the field uniform pants that were issued with a uniform flight type jacket, to the Helicopter pilots and crews. If anyone has additional information on these pants, I would love to hear about it!

The side pockets have zippers and there are elastic stirrups on the cuffs.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Very nice find

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how long it takes surplus to work its way through the world markets! I bought a couple of these cheap (not as cheap as Mark's!) probably 10+ years ago. I think I got them at a local surplus shop, but I might have got some from German eBay. I also got one that was dyed black. A very similar type in beige also exists.

I asked a German Polizei friend about these trousers as they confused me. The trousers, and a straight leg version that I also found, are clearly post 1976 manufacture. They should be beige! My friend said that the green ones were worn by academy students. Maybe to distinguish them from serving police officers?

Anybody have any info?

Steve

Comment

Steve,

We've discusser these polizei trousers in the past without any firm proof of whet they actually are. This comment about them being worn by academy students might actually lead us somewhere.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                              I asked a German Polizei friend about these trousers as they confused me. The trousers, and a straight leg version that I also found, are clearly post 1976 manufacture. They should be beige! My friend said that the green ones were worn by academy students. Maybe to distinguish them from serving police officers?

Anybody have any info?

Steve
                              Moss green is actually correct for post-1976 BGS trousers. Just check BGS photos from 1980s and 90s. BGS not adopt beige trousers until uniform changes in 2001, as part of reforms to align their appearance more with Landespolizei (when also shoulderboards changed and collartabs abolished). Only GSE adopted beige trousers like Landespolizei in 1976. Never heard of seperate uniform for academy students, although it is possible, that they continued to wear obsolete uniform parts after 2001, because serving members have priority... or could just be mismemory.

The tapered trousers would be worn for winter ski patrols. Not heard of them worn by pilots, but is possible.

Regards
                              Klaus

Comment

Ack! Of course you're correct, Klaus! In my defense, I just got back from vacation and I think I might have forgotten my brain in the rush to pack for home

So I guess the question is if these, or the straight leg, trousers were also worn by Polizei for any reason or only BGS for the years 1976-2001.

I think it would be good for us to have a thread discussing the changes that took place for the various uniforms in 1976, 2001, and since. Some of the changes are subtle, some of them massive.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X