No announcement yet.

West German Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, disappeared photos is sometimes problem, but some people (I will admit, I am one) do not want to pay membership fee. It can confuse when someone posts someone else's collection.

Comment

Hello,

I sent the -so I think- important helmet fotos with text to Gordon per e-mail. This are 10 helmets of West-German police and BGS.
      I hope he will present them for me...

I was looking for the way to post fotos here (getting a "full member"), but couldn't find an explanation.....

Regards,
      Esbitmännchen

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
        Yes, disappeared photos is sometimes problem, but some people (I will admit, I am one) do not want to pay membership fee. It can confuse when someone posts someone else's collection.
        Klaus,

Your choice as to wether you want to pay the annual fee or not but I feel US$25.00 a year is very inexpensive to take full part in these forums. Posting someone elses fotos has never been a problem for me. I just take the time to explain what I am doing. Wether you pay or not you are certainly a valuable contributor to the forum.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Esbitmännchen View Post
          Hello,

I sent the -so I think- important helmet fotos with text to Gordon per e-mail. This are 10 helmets of West-German police and BGS.
          I hope he will present them for me...

I was looking for the way to post fotos here (getting a "full member"), but couldn't find an explanation.....

Regards,
          Esbitmännchen
          Klaus,

Go here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/e_stand/store.htm to become a member. I'll post your helmet pictures and text later today. I've saved the helmet pictures and made them larger so readers can get a better look at them. Nice photos by the way.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gents,

Here is the text and photos I said that I would post for Esbitmännchen.

"At first, I must say that many collectors don't care for the differece of BGS-helmets and helmets for the police of the "Bundesländer", so called "Länderpolizeien". So they put all "in one pot" and a lot of disinformation exist.
            Until the unification of Germany in 1990 there were 11 Bundesländer in West-Germany.
            So far as I know the Länderpolizeien never used old stocks of Wehrmacht-shells, they all got post-war helmet productions. Only the BGS used old Wehrmacht-helmets.
            In 1951 (5 years before the "Bundeswehr" appeared) the Bundesrepublik had to install units of policemen in barracks, so called "Bereitschaftspolizei" und the "Bund" installed the "Bundesgrenzschutz".
            The Länderpolizeien did not use steelhelmets until about 1953, the BGS got old WH-helmets from scrapmetal. They put the first model of liner (very simple in construction) into the WH-helmets.
            About 1953 the helmet model 53 appeared for the police and BGS, with liner only held by one screw in the middle of the shell. The Länderpolizeien used a post-war made model of the M 40 WH-helmet, too (only Polizei, not BGS ! The BGS only used original M 40's!).
            Now to the models, I would like to add:

1. M 18 WW I helmet, reissued with simple liner (a mix of first model BGS-liner and M 53 liner, only seen at this helmets used by Polzeireserve Niedersachsen):
            Attached Files

Comment

Interior of above helmet
              Attached Files

Comment

olive Berliner Helm ( I already wrote about it)
                Attached Files

Comment

Interior of this helmet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

P.P. Bln markings on the liner of this helmet.
                    Attached Files

Comment

UN-Helmet: WH shell, made by "Emaillierwerke Thale", size 64. Stamped ET 64 and Lot-Nr. in the neck. The three holes for the WH-liner and the first model BGS-liner are closed and a M 53 liner is added. It was used in the 1992/93 cambodia-campain of BGS
                      Attached Files

Comment

Interior of the UN helmet.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This picture of the helmet skirt was included with the fotos but I do not know what it is supposed to show.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Steelhelmet of Bepo Hessen: looks like firebrigade-helmet, but made of bullet-proof steel.Made by VDNS (Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke Schwerte), salt-shaker vents. My comments here-These firebrigade type helmets are usually of light weight metal and not made of good quality steel because they are too light. What does this helmet weigh Klaus?
                            Attached Files

Comment

The interior of this helmet.
                              Attached Files

Comment

A close up picture of the maker marks on this helmet. My comments - The other VDN helmets I have seen are maker marked DVN with the V being much larger than the two letters beside it. Do you have a time frame as to when VDN used the mark on your helmet?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X