Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr - real?

Does anybody see anything "wrong" with this medal? I ask because:
    1. Bowen (page 309) says that the circular emblem in the center should be a separate
    (attached) piece, and on this one it is part of the medal, and
    2.(sigh).... It's from Cave Creek.

Thank you!
    George
    George

Hi George,
    it looks all right to me. I´ve never heard of crosses with those attached circular emblems. During my time in the Bundeswehr I only got the Ehrenmedaille myself, but some of the senior NCO´s of my unit were decorated with the Ehrenkreuz. Those crosses
    all matched yours.

Bastian

Comment

I think the medal looks rather crude. Just look at where the inner arms touch the wreath and compare the width of these arms to the others. Plus the detail is far from what you'd expect to see as it's rather muted. Not to mention it's from Crap Creek. Three strikes, it's a scrapper.
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hmmm.
        One "yea" and one "nay"....
        George
        George

Comment

The cross is fine; sometimes "Cave Creek" just means overpriced.

Here are examples of all three classes of the Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr as well as the Ehrenmedaille. I believe they are made by Steinhauer & Luck, but I'm not sure. Assmann also makes badges for the Bundeswehr - my jump wings have the maker's mark - but I don't know about medals. These came from the Kleiderkasse der Bundeswehr, so I know they're good:

Dave

Comment

The Ehrenzeichen der Bundeswehr was in the first years made with attached centers and given in leather-imitate boxes, the later ones are made from one piece and given with cheap plastic cases. My own one awarded 1997 is a one-piece-cross. You need not to be afraid about fakes of that stuff. Every holder or collector with authorisation can buy this crosses in Germany. The early ones with attached centres are about 50 Euros, the new ones less than 50 Euro, every higher price for a single cross without award document is nonsense. I think, now they are all made by Steinhauer and Lück, Lüdenscheid.

Greetings, Daniel

Comment

http://www.steinlueck.de/produkte/orden/index.htm

Comment

ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr

Hello,

Looks fine towards me , i agree with the other members regarding this kind of cross , im sure if some of you guys would see the recent made Belgium awards they would qualify them as fakes only because they are real ugly and crude made ( and if i say ugly that may be soft words for it +> sorry no pictures available )

FRiendly greetings,
                my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the follow-ups!

George
                  George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X