Bundeswehr Elite Unit Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr Elite Unit Insignia

Not sure if this is technically international, but its not Wehrmacht or Imperial, so I guess it goes here.

Here is a selection of insignia, primarily from the KSK. The KSK, or Kommando Spezialkräfte (Special Forces Command), was created in 1996 as part of the reorganization of the German military away from its purely defensive orientation. It gives the Bundeswehr a counterterrorist and hostage rescue, strategic reconnaissance and commando capability. The KSK is headquartered at the Graf-Zeppelin-Kaserne in Calw.

1. Qualification Badges. From left to right, the KSK Special Operations badge and the standard and subdued Einzelkämpfer badges.

2. Airborne wings. Gold (Master) wings in cloth on Flecktarn for the battle dress, cloth/bullion for the dress uniform, and metal:

3. Sleeve patches. In the middle, a patch (unofficial, I think) for long-range recon company 200. On either side, the regular cloth patch and the padded with bullion parachute versions of the KSK sleeve patch. It differs from other airborne unit patches by the border.

Dave

[ 01 January 2002: Message edited by: Dave Danner ]

And, finally, the beret. This one has the metal KSK badge, but I also threw in the bullion version. The beret is the official version made for the Kleiderkasse der Bundeswehr, the German armed forces' clothing sales store.

Dave

Comment

Awesome stuff. I wish i had those

Comment

I like the beret badge and the sword!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X