Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BW Combat gear

Talk about scarce, anyone have a lead on two Energa Rifle Grenade canisters with carrying straps?

G5
    Attached Files

Comment

G5,

I take it from your comments that you do not have Hormann"s book. You have an alternative now. A lot of new books on the BW were published last year to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the BW. One of them was called Von der Affenjacke zum Troppen-tarnanzug by Robert Kunstwadl ISBN 10: 3-93285-24-1. This book covers the BW from start to the present. Lots of great colour pictures. I forgot to refer to this book yesterday when I posted my cap. It is in Kunstwadl's book and he says it was worn by the Bundesmarine and was introduced in 1963 in both enlisted men's and officers versions. The officers cap has gold trim.
      Here is a picture of the cap in wear by the Marine.
      G5,
      I am having a problem adding pictures to my posts. I downloaded the latest McAfee software last night and now pop ups are blocked that allow me to post pictures. Frustrating. I guess you will just have to wait for the pictures until I can find a fix.
      Anyway, the new book, and others in the BW line you may be interested in are available at;
      http://www.zinnfigur.com/All/E_Home_Set.asp?sprache=EN

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

BW Book Site

Gordon - Awesome site man!

Thanks!

Your friend for life,

TJ

Comment

The Real Deal - 2005

I ran into this Falli in Kabul. Aside from his BW jump wings and fitness badge, note the French Commando and U.S. Army Expert Infantry Badges.

A Brandenburger for the new millenium....

You can just make out his blood type, B-, at the end of his name tape.

His rank is Oberstabsgefreiter, one rank below Unteroffizier ("horseshoe sergeant"). This is one of seven junior enlisted ranks, I don't think there is a U.S. equivalent. I also think it is a recently established rank, maybe in the mid-90s.

We knicknamed the kid "Uncle Fester". He was a likable sort, and drove a hard bargain for the little trinkets sold at his Dad's bazaar stand. I'd like to think the little guy has some kind of future in the new Afghanistan.

G5

(Please note that the G36 is not an airsoft model. Thank you.)
          Attached Files

Comment

TJ,

Do you have any pictures of the badges worn on the shoulders of the BW falli? I've been able to pick up some BW ISAF uniforms here in Budapest and am always interested in the patches that they wear in Afghanistan.

Cheers,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by gordon.criag View Post
              TJ,

Do you have any pictures of the badges worn on the shoulders of the BW falli? I've been able to pick up some BW ISAF uniforms here in Budapest and am always interested in the patches that they wear in Afghanistan.

Cheers,

Gordon
              Gordon - Nothing on hand, but now that I know you're in the hunt, I'll keep my eyes open.

I have a copy of the recently published book Das Heer im Einsatz , which has many pictures of BW soldiers in Afghanistan, but every one of them is wearing gortex.

I still owe you some feedback on the shelter half as well. Busy, busy, busy...

Hoping you're having fun in "booty-fest", formerly the most popular leave destination for G.I.s deployed to Bosnia and Kosovo.

Take care - TJ

Comment

Achtung BW lovers!

Can anybody attribute the unusual ammo pouch worn by this c.2002 mannequin on display in Sinsheim, BRD, to the BW? Looks like they could accomodate 8-round M-1 Garand clips; the first rifle issued to the BW in 1956.

He's also clad in first pattern BW fatigues (1956), an M1959 LL helmet and
                M1959 (oliv) Y-straps.

Sinsheim has great vehicle displays but their dismounts can get pretty hokey.

Thanks for the help!

G5
                Attached Files

Comment

Special Infantry of the Bundesluftwaffe

Originally posted by gordon.criag View Post
                  TJ,

Cheers,

Gordon
                  Gordon - Still on the hunt, but thought you might be interested in perusing this excerpt from the 5 MAY 2004 issue of "Visier" Magazine on shoulder patches worn by Special Infantry units of the Bundesluftwaffe.

Take care - TJ
                  Attached Files

Comment

TJ,

I've never seen pictures of those ammo pouches in wear by the BW. Thanks for the photo of the page from Visier. If you have any back issues you would like to part with or know how I can get copies of this magazine on a regular basis I would appreciate it.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

BW patches

Gordon - I only have a few Visiers on hand.

When I lived in Germany, I usually found them in bahnhof or airport news shops. They were also sold at militaria shows; I saw some on sell last week right here in New Hampshire, USA, at a gun show.

I can post the address and telephone # of the firm if you like. I'd be willing to photocopy articles from my "archives"; let me know what you're interested in.

Attached find the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) patch worn by all NATO troops deployed to Afghanistan. It started out as a Brigade sized element charged with securing Kabul, but has since assumed jurisdiction over the entire country. Somewhere around here, I have a transliteration of the Dari (Afghan Persian) writing.

Take care - TJ
                      Attached Files

Comment

G5,

Thanks for the pic of the patch. I found a BW uniform here is Budapest with the velco backing for the patches worn in Afghanistan and have since added the patches to the uniform including the name tag etc. The one patch I haven't been able to match is the unit patch on the left sleeve which has a specific shaped velcro backing that I have not been able to find a picture of. I'll have to check the Visier page you sent and see if there is anything of use there.
                        I am interested in almost everything in the Visier magazine so don't know what articles to ask for. The only copy I have has some great shots of the very early camo uniforms and those article would be of the most interest. If you see any more for sale I would be greatful you would pick them up for me. I've never seen any for sale in Germany but I really haven't looked lately. I'll probably be in Berlin later this month so I'll look then.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

G5,

thanks for starting a first class thread on a very neglected field indeed.

You have some superb items.

Do i see a few French jump wings on some of your tunics?

Appeciate the info on the modern Afghan theatre uniforms too.

Thanks again,

Patrick.

Comment

Thanks!

Patrick - Thank you for your very charitable compliments.

It's good to know that BW lovers also flourish in "Cool Britannia".

Those were indeed French Wings you saw previously, attached find a close up view. The next posting will contain some French wings printed on Flectarn pattern camo.

Take care - G5
                            Attached Files

Comment

French Wings on Flectarn

Patrick - here are some French (or French inspired) jump wings printed on Flectarn pattern camo.

G5
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have bought a few Bundeswehr items as a side to my NVA, and to lesser extent TR, collecting hobby. But these field jackets put my unbadged ones to shame! I also have a 1950s dated tan BGS breadbag, helmet net for the BGS helmet, and a complete Zivilschutz gas mask can set (not sure if they count or even what they are exactly). Couple of flecktarn items too.

Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 52 users online. 0 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X