BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

I know they're not as cool as the WH and NVA, but I can't help but love the Bundeswehr.

Here's a few from the BW collection.
    Attached Files

Panzergrenadier c. 1960

Here's a 1960's era Panzergrenadier
    Attached Files

Comment

BW Grenadier c. 1956

BW grenadier c. 1956
      Attached Files

Comment

BW Fatigue Uniform c. 1956

BW Fatigue Uniform c. 1956
        Attached Files

Comment

Guardian5,

Very nice Bundeswehr stuff. To me they are just as desirable as WH and NVA. In particular the uniforms in the 50s and 60s. I especially like your Bundeswehr para mannequin. Would like to have one of those tunics myself. Most of my stuf is in storage but I must have some Bundeswehr stuff around some where that I can post pictures of.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Bundeswehr Collector

Gordon - It's nice to know I'm not alone. I look forward to seeing some of your stuff.

Attached find another snap of my BW falli. Next time, I'll let my 8 year old take the picture, her talents in this area far exceed mine.

Where do you stand on the Bundesgrenzschutz? Do you feel that this is another neglected collecting field?

Horrido! - G5
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
              BW grenadier c. 1956
              Very nice and very desirable camo jacket you have there! Very nice!

Comment

C. 1956 BW Camo Jacket

Thanks NKOMO. They pop-up occasionally, I see them about once or twice a year on Manion's Auction Site.

I imagine they're much more common on German Ebay.

What do you collect?

G5

Comment

G5,

Thanks for the additional pic of the Falli tunic. I think BGS is a very neglected field. I have several BGS tunics and an almost complete set of hats.
                  I agree with the comments on the camo jacket. That was one of the first BW items that I bought many years ago. It took me the next 10/15 years to get the matching pants and the hood for the jacket!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hy

eraly bundeswehr stuff is getty expensive here in Germany, there is less early BW stuff than NVA collectables.

Cheers

Alex

Comment

Alex,

Early BW stuff has been expensive for some time in Germany and the price is only going to go up. Those of us who started buying BW early will benefit. Probably a good idea to buy in North America before the prices start going up here too. There used to be lots of BW staff around but it has dried up like the NVA stuff has.

G5,
                      Here is a picture of my latest BW purchase. It is an ealy style cap. Unfortunately someone has removed the cockade. The only picture I have of this style cap in wear is in the Bundesmarine in the schnellbootflotille and is pictured in Jorg-M. Hormann's book "Die Bundeswehr und ihre Uniformen" 30 Jahre Bekleidungsgeschichte. Since this particular cap is green I suspect they were worn by the BGS as well but I have no pictures showing it in wear by them. FYI-There is a new book out on the BGS by Reinhard Scholzen published in 2006. Well worth getting for the photos. Since the BGS no longer exists it is bound to become more collectable and hence more expensive fairly soon.

Cheers,

Gordon

R
                      Attached Files

Comment

A side view.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Label in cap.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gordon.criag View Post
                            Alex,

Early BW stuff has been expensive for some time in Germany and the price is only going to go up. Those of us who started buying BW early will benefit. Probably a good idea to buy in North America before the prices start going up here too. There used to be lots of BW staff around but it has dried up like the NVA stuff has.

G5,
                            Here is a picture of my latest BW purchase. It is an ealy style cap. Unfortunately someone has removed the cockade. The only picture I have of this style cap in wear is in the Bundesmarine in the schnellbootflotille and is pictured in Jorg-M. Hormann's book "Die Bundeswehr und ihre Uniformen" 30 Jahre Bekleidungsgeschichte. Since this particular cap is green I suspect they were worn by the BGS as well but I have no pictures showing it in wear by them. FYI-There is a new book out on the BGS by Reinhard Scholzen published in 2006. Well worth getting for the photos. Since the BGS no longer exists it is bound to become more collectable and hence more expensive fairly soon.

Cheers,

Gordon

R
                            Gordon - Thanks for sharing pictures of your latest BW purchase. I had no idea that hats like these were used in BW / BGS service. It looks like a practical piece of head gear.

Those flaps undoubtedly came in handy; whether standing watch on the deck of schnellboote on Baltic patrol or walking a border trace on the IGB.

I have to admit becoming insanely jealous of you upon learning that you had access to Hormann's seminal work on the BW, but you got back in my good graces with the tip-off on the new BGS book.

I don't know where you stand on insignia replacement, but I have a bunch of extra plastic and cloth cockades that I'd be more than willing to share with a fellow BW collector.

Take care - G5

Alex - Keep your eyes open at the FLOHMARKT; you could get lucky!

Comment

More combat gear

Here is an illustration from Der Reibert showing the proper way for a BW greni to transport two Energa Rifle Grenades.

The next post will show my clumsey attemp to replicate it using U.S. M31 practice grenades.

G5
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X