Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armour Badge...

Out of the ordinary... maybe?

Anyways does anyone have a modern German armoured badge- cap or otherwise?

I just wanted to see or know what one looks like because the other day I found one of my forgotten stashes and found a German Submarine Badge as well as two badges of what I believe to be armoured... it has an Oakleave wreath with the German flag down at bottom center of the badge with an M or m in the center the back is marked OLC.

Thanks.

Chris

Hi Chris, the modern German Armoured forces cap badge looks similar to a Panzer Assult badge, a tank in a wreath with the German National colours at the bottom of the wreath. Sorry, I do not have a pic, as it is not something I collect. Just a peice of useless info I have picked up along the way!
    Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hmm. Does the above of what I mentioned sound like anything you know of? Because apparently the m is supposed to represent a tank

Comment

Hi guys,

could it be an old German "W"? Then it'd be the Ministry of Defense's Wachregiment "Honor Guard".

Best regards,

Al

Comment

Oops

Should've said Wachbataillon for W. Germany

Comment

edit
            Last edited by Chris N.; 01-14-2003, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Heres some more info on it:

Its got a Big oakleaf in the center with a m on top of that (supposed to be a tank coming towards you?) oakleaf wreath around the whole thing with a black, red, white-horizontal flag possibly Germany or Luxembourg?

But Im leaning to more Germany because of the oLc mark for Overhoff & Co.

Comment

Engineers

If there is a vertical oak leaf with a horizontal "m" that it is actualy not an "m" but a bridge, and it is a W.German Engineers beret badge. The colors should be black, red, gold. Perhaps the gold has faded "into" a white. The national colors should be a sticker and there should be four long prongs on the back.

Please, abandon the idea of the badge being a German panzer badge. Ade, has already pretty much described the panzer badge.

Best regards,

Al

Comment

Hi Chris, I think Al has answered your question for you.
                  However, would you beleive I have just by accident found a pic for you of the Bundeswehr Armoured Forces cap badge.
                  Cheers, Ade.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. You have just cleared up all of my questions

Comment

Beret badge for the Pioniertruppe, worn on a red beret, as the background color indicates:

Dave

Comment

Indeed thats what I have

Thanks Dave

... So then my collector friend was wrong on telling me what it was ( as he said it was a German armour) Well I guess just another one to rub in his face since hes been wrong on a number of occasions

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X