cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cap

This is this barracks hat, I think it belongs to a tanker, is it correct? , can you give me more information

Thank you

regards
    xisco
    Attached Files

Standard Navy one.
    You can see this by the Slots at the sides where the Rubber Chin Strap goes through.
    Only Navy has them.
    Army Tankers would have the grey ones.

Comment

Hi xisco,

Following up to what Nico said, I think in the Bundesmarine these were referred to as Bordmuetze, although that term may be specifically reserved for a billed version of this cap. The "A" stamp means either "Ausgesondert" or "Aussonderung". These words both translate roughly to "decommissioned." The stamp is placed in the hat by the Bundeswehr when the item is declared surplus. These hats then often make their way to civilian "Army-Navy" stores. Please see below for some pictures of the Bordmuetze with the strap in place.

All the best,
      TJ

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
        Hi xisco,

Following up to what Nico said, I think in the Bundesmarine these were referred to as Bordmuetze, although that term may be specifically reserved for a billed version of this cap. The "A" stamp means either "Ausgesondert" or "Aussonderung". These words both translate roughly to "decommissioned." The stamp is placed in the hat by the Bundeswehr when the item is declared surplus. These hats then often make their way to civilian "Army-Navy" stores. Please see below for some pictures of the Bordmuetze with the strap in place.

All the best,
        TJ

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG
        TJ, all right what you say. I also have loads of them left, but mostly with the Strap Cut off as they loose the elasticity by age.
        Also have original Boxes full of Air Force Enlisted and Officers, brand new in the new Style, called "Neuer Farbton" meaning new Colour. A bit more blue than blue-grey.

Comment

They sold it to me as a tanker, I have two identical copies
          Thank you

regards
          xisco

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X