Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candid Photos Berlin Schutzpolizei c. 1954

Gents,

I received this grouping of what I believe are Berlin Schutzpolizei taken around 1954. There is a nice variety of settings and uniforms.

I look forward to your comments.

We'll start with a full length shot labeled "Weinachten 1954." Note the crease in the trousers and leather gloves. Can anyone comment on the sidearms carried during this period?

Many thanks,
    TJ
    Attached Files

Next up is another full length semi-formal portrait along with a group photo. Note the differing shades of gray...
    Attached Files

Comment

The next three photos depict scenes on board some kind of vessel or near a river. No life jackets are worn and those heavy great coats would have taken their wearers straight to the bottom.

The first photo shows two officers on board a vessel. One carries a boathook, the other a megaphone.

The second photo appears to show the same pair chatting dockside near a trestle bridge. Look familiar to anyone?

The final shot in this series shows our great-coated friends posing with others. Note the "shirt-jack" worn by the individual in the center.

Can anyone comment on the rank of boathook man?
      Attached Files

Comment

The next two pictures were taken in the field and are quite dark. Note the battle dress uniforms and M43 style peaked caps.

There is always one guy with his hat on backwards. The man of the 50s sure did like his smokes.
        Attached Files

Comment

The final shot is labeled '29/IV' which I interpret as April 29. The vehicle looks to be a soft-top version of the AL 28 troop carrier.

Again friends, I look forward to your comments.

All the best,
          TJ
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
            The next two pictures were taken in the field and are quite dark. Note the battle dress uniforms and M43 style peaked caps.

There is always one guy with his hat on backwards. The man of the 50s sure did like his smokes.
            these are not BD copies, but coveralls. A few have appeared on ebay in past - olive hbt material with large dish buttons (and of course stamped PPBln). They were their standard field/combat uniform until early 60s. Normally worn with black double buckle boots.

Klaus

btw very nice early photos!

Comment

Thanks Klaus!

TJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X