Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniform insignia

Hello All!

I have western German uniformed insignia. Collar and shoulder straps. I think they are police or border guards. I wonder what period they can come from and what uniforms they were worn on. I am very sorry but I don't know how to add photos directly to the forum.

https://s10.ifotos.pl/img/Germany-P_qnaqwhe.jpg
    https://s5.ifotos.pl/img/Germany-P_qnaqwhs.jpg

Greetings to all

To add pics you need to be a paid member.
    Top is Bundesgrenzschutz
    lower I saw before but can't remember.
    Army Fire Service?

Comment

Shoulderboards I think Bundesgrenzschutz, too.

Collar-Tabs are Firebrigade Third Reich in my opinion.

Comment

I can also confirm the shoulder boards are BGS. Matching pair, too. The holes indicate this was for the rank of Hauptwachtmeister im BGS. Could be anywhere from 1951-1980s. After that the ranks were restructured and this particular one was dropped.

Steve

Comment

look like later 60s-70s. Earlier shoulderboards are only glued and not stitched. Not sure, when BGS started to reinforce with stitching, but i think was sometime later in 60s.

Klaus

Comment

Many thanks to all Men for help and explanation. The badges on the collar were actually used by the Third Reich fire brigade.

Comment

Hitmann,

You no longer need to pay to post pictures on the forum. This change came about because hosting pictures was causing a lot of threads to become incomplete when the host discontinued hosting the pictures. To post pictures do the following. When you start a thread enter the text and then scroll down the page until you see ADDITIONAL OPTIONS. In that section you will see manage attachments. Clicking on that will bring up a drop down menu and you click on one of the places to add pictures. The picture size should be 700 by 750 max. Once you have added all of the pictures you click on close. This will bring up a button on the bottom that allows you to add the pictures to your thread. I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon Craig

It helped a lot. Thank you very much for the tips. Regards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X