thanks in advance

best regards Bruno

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...24#post8698524

Euroclone version of the m38 tanker helmet

Comment

thanks for the help

cheers Bruno

Comment

I think I've got a French one and a German one. They also found their way to several other countries, such as The Netherlands and Belgium (from what I remember). The ones made in Germany were apparently intended for use by US occupation forces, not the Bundeswehr.

The vent holes are one of the things that collectors use to distinguish the helmet's origins, but stamps/markings inside should give more info. My German one is clearly marked with a German company based in Offenbach. It was reissued to a country that uses French. I don't recognize the stamps.

My German one was handy so I checked and the vents are small circular areas made of very small holes. The big hole type is more a direct copy of the WW2 US type and is associated with German production, so I guess there was variety? Here's some pics and discussion:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bundes...helmet-619128/

The posts make reference to metal and fiber types. I can confirm that to be true as I have one of each. I don't know where my other one (or is it two?) is so I can't check them at the moment.

Wait, I found pictures of it. Fiber type with French components, but ink stamped for Belgium (A.B.L.) and dated 1960.

Steve
        Last edited by Collectinsteve; 04-20-2020, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I love these Euroclone tanker helmets!......mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X