• Show
Clear All

your help please ?cef brodie

Not sure exactly what this helmet is . Your help would be appreciated
    Attached Files

WW1 British helmet also used by Americans . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Thank you vey much..I had posted a long time ago but just managed to get the extra pictures. Everything look original...is the sand a tyoe of camo? thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by rmz View Post
        Thank you vey much..I had posted a long time ago but just managed to get the extra pictures. Everything look original...is the sand a tyoe of camo? thanks again
        Yes all looks good, everything is original

Kind regards Chay

Comment

many thanks !

Comment

I'd love to see some more pictures of the liner if you have them. It looks as if it might be an original WWI Brodie but I've never heard of the sand camo on those. OTOH, repainting a shell was easy and very common, so that may be a later modification. Interesting piece indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by peter monahan View Post
              I'd love to see some more pictures of the liner if you have them. It looks as if it might be an original WWI Brodie but I've never heard of the sand camo on those. OTOH, repainting a shell was easy and very common, so that may be a later modification. Interesting piece indeed.

It's a Mk. I that was salvaged and refurbished by the Americans. The heavy sand texture is a big tell here. I would be willing to bet that the whole liner assembly is US-made.

Comment

Originally posted by crown.point View Post
                It's a Mk. I that was salvaged and refurbished by the Americans. The heavy sand texture is a big tell here. I would be willing to bet that the whole liner assembly is US-made.
                That's what I wondered - was the liner a refurb. I wear a Brodie with a reproduction WWI liner at Great War living history events, but I am certainly not an expert on them. That said, the liner doesn't look 'quite right' even without a point by point comparison to originals.

I think the strap is different and maybe the rivet/screw at the top, from an original liner.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X