Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCAF Tunic Info

Hi all,

I just picked this up at a thrift store and I was wondering if someone could tell me the significance of the two brass wings and the last ribbon with the brass star on it?

Thanks

Strange medals for an RAF pilot Atlantic Africa Burma . the top one is s pathfinders wing I don’t know what the bottom one is . I haven’t seen those type of pilots wings before either . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

The smaller ones are 'Operational Wings' with bar for two full tours

http://datav2.thememoryproject.com/i...4_original.jpg

It might be somewhat easy to identify the owner of the tunic.

The MID, QEII corrination, Canada 1967, CD and the forengn award would all of been in the Canadain Gazette. All one has to do it run though the lists and find the possiable persons who has all of the above.

What was the rank on the tunic?? As well not many WWII senior carrer Navigator officers so they can be easy track that down as well

Comment

Been checking out a few books I have handy the closeted I can come up with for the last ribbon it the

Military Medal of Merit, Czechoslovakia

though it dose not have a 'star' device that I can find

Comment

Ok seems that medal did have a star device

https://fcafa.com/2016/06/29/czechos...airmen-in-ww2/

Ribbon is 34 mm wide 38 mm long, is mid-blue in colour with a 8 mm wide white bar 2 mm in from the ribbons outer edge.

The ribbon is the same for both medals but a Grade I award also has a 5 mm diameter silver star.

Comment

Thanks for the great information, the uniform has the rank of Group captain and after some looking around I found a name tag in a pocket with E. H. M. Walsh (Can/J.s088) on it. Some quick googling shows that he was MID in the 1944 Kings Birthday Honours.

Originally posted by byterock View Post
            The smaller ones are 'Operational Wings' with bar for two full tours

http://datav2.thememoryproject.com/i...4_original.jpg

It might be somewhat easy to identify the owner of the tunic.

The MID, QEII corrination, Canada 1967, CD and the forengn award would all of been in the Canadain Gazette. All one has to do it run though the lists and find the possiable persons who has all of the above.

What was the rank on the tunic?? As well not many WWII senior carrer Navigator officers so they can be easy track that down as well

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X