Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Buttons

Hi Folks:

I just attended a Frankfurt am Main flea market and I noticed some "English" uniform buttons......the two ladies took note of my interest and they showed me two drawers of buttons in plastic bags and loose. I decided to buy the lot consisting of 386 buttons... large, medium, & small size. I figured that these may be of interest to another collector. Someone must have owned a tailor shop or....??

Since UK/British/English military isn't my interest....I'd like to ID the buttons and move them on to someone who's interested.

When I sorted the buttons...I noticed some RAF, Engineer, Armor (Glove), Airborne, etc..). One had a skull & Crossbones(?)

I would appreciate any assistance in ID'ing them. Thank you,
    Attached Files

buttons

The pictures are of buttons in plastics bags
    Attached Files

Comment

More buttons
      Attached Files

Comment

Few more buttons
        Attached Files

Comment

More buttons...I apologize for posting pictures that maybe upside down....

Last of the posts....again...any help...would be appreciated.

I don't know the value of these....especially the lot of 386 buttons....but a could someone provide an best guess. Thanks,
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweisse View Post
            Hi Folks:

I just attended a Frankfurt am Main flea market and I noticed some "English" uniform buttons......the two ladies took note of my interest and they showed me two drawers of buttons in plastic bags and loose. I decided to buy the lot consisting of 386 buttons... large, medium, & small size. I figured that these may be of interest to another collector. Someone must have owned a tailor shop or....??

Since UK/British/English military isn't my interest....I'd like to ID the buttons and move them on to someone who's interested.

When I sorted the buttons...I noticed some RAF, Engineer, Armor (Glove), Airborne, etc..). One had a skull & Crossbones(?)

I would appreciate any assistance in ID'ing them. Thank you,
            My favourite is the Black Watch (lower left).
            Most of them of very low value, especially the heavy worn ones.

Comment

I noticed that I didn't show the armor glove for "Armor Corps"...so I've included a few more...
              Attached Files

Comment

You seem to have picked up a nice mix of British military buttons in the lot. However, they appear to be modern staybrite anodised buttons, almost all with the Queen's crown, which makes them of low value. Any brass buttons with the King's crown will be worth more, depending on the regiment or corps.

Matthew

Comment

My first ever items of militaria were 6 Staybrite buttons . 5p or sixpence each or something probably still worth the same. I know staybrite cap badges can be worth something but sadly not the buttons. Still they are quite interesting. Rob
                  God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

You're right with the Majority of these Buttons, especially the large Corps.
                    About 25 Yrs ago I bought 2 large Garbage Bags full of buttons, guess 10th of Thousands and found 3 Pairs of SAS Cap Buttons inside.
                    Sold these for 120 Marks per Pair the same Show within 1 day.
                    About half in Euros, so around 60 euros p.p.
                    In Spring I bought 600 large Black Watch Buttons, all in original packages of 100. Maybe I take some more in 3 Weeks.

Comment

https://www.kellybadges.co.uk/41-uni...egory=41&n=740

This site helped me ID the buttons

Comment

Matthew ....I just noticed your comment about the queen’s crown vs. the king’s crown. Since I am an American.....I didn’t know the difference but I just looked it up.....I didn’t know. I have almost ID’ed all the buttons. I found Women’s Royal Army Corps, Royal Artillery, RAF, Airborne/Para, Royal Aux. Nursing Corps, Royal Tank Reg...some with King’s Crowns...but most Queen’s crown.

Thank you...for saying that about the crown...

Many other units, schools, armor, lancers, intelligence ...Scottish, Irish, etc...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X