Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khaki drill Trousers... opinions please

Hi,
    what do you think about these KD trousers? The real color is khaki and not green how it seems?

Thank you
    Partisan

size markings do not look british, French perhaps?

Comment

Bond, I think I can see a feint WD stamp to the right of the "9" on the last two photos.

Regards,
      Giorgos

Comment

Originally posted by stray_dog View Post
        Bond, I think I can see a feint WD stamp to the right of the "9" on the last two photos.

Regards,
        Giorgos
        Agreed broad arrow mark with "W" visible... "D" no longer visible...
        so yes Commonwealth British (fatigue set for M36 BD probably....or KD)

Comment

Yes they are british 100% and there is the arrow and WD. So it can be an early pattern of KD?

Thanks

Comment

... and brass bottons

Comment

In others groups somebody tell me that these are early trousers of an early khaki drill complete. In fact they was found together with tropical uniforms of an italian that fought in North Africa.
              What do you think?

Comment

These are definitely British khaki drill trousers, as stated already. They are British-made, not of Indian/Commonwealth manufacture. The W/|\D stamp has already been noted, the '9' size stamps are common enough in this kind of clothing and there is the outline thread of the original label sewn on the rear waist.

It looks as if the field dressing pocket on the front has a pleat (like the battledress pattern) which has been flattened out through wear or storage. The brass buttons could easily have been replaced but they look original enough to these trousers.

From the style I would say these are early-war, from around 1940-2, but it is hard to be exact. I have a mint, unissued pair like these dated 1943, still with the original brass buttons - long after they had changed to plastic on the serge batttledress.

Interesting to hear the story about them coming with other items from an Italian who served in North Africa, although I wonder what happened to the original owner....

Matthew

Comment

Thank you tubist73, very interisting your post!
                  here is its story:
                  A box was found (in a house in a southern Italian town) in which there were tropical uniforms by an Italian officer who had fought in Africa. Along with this material there was these trousers and a khaki drill jacket, see picture.

Comment

Those spots are blood? (My wife is a nurse and say yes...)

Comment

Thanks for showing the shirt that came from the same source - very interesting. It seems to be a British bush jacket, which appeared around 1943. These were used in many hotter regions, including in Italy. I'm not sure about the stains being blood, especially when there is no visible damage to the shirt, but I suppose it might be possible on a captured piece of clothing.

As always with these items, I wonder what stories they could tell!

Matthew

Comment

Thanks Metthew!

Comment

Thanks Matthew

Comment

Nice find!
                            I have a collection of KD and there is a nice book on the subject as well il dig it out,

Kind regards Chay

Comment

Thanks upbeek!
                              Partisan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X