Opinions on 1952 Turtle Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on 1952 Turtle Helmet

Hello lads! I have aquired this 1952 turtle helmet. Knowing nothing about these I would like an opinion on it whether it looks good or not. The liner is a little loose as it can rotate a wee bit. I paid about £20 for it so not expecting much but I like the way it looks

I apologize for the picture quality but I finaly had some time this evening so no daylight
    Attached Files

-
    Attached Files

Comment

l

looks a nice helmet worth £20 , Will

Comment

Originally posted by hayleyp View Post
        looks a nice helmet worth £20 , Will
        Thank you

Comment

I don't remember ever seeing that type of net before.

Painted over stacking marks under the net, but cant go wrong for £20

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
            I don't remember ever seeing that type of net before.

Painted over stacking marks under the net, but cant go wrong for £20
            I have searched around and found it mentioned ad a WWII net for the Brodie helmet. But I have no knowledge of British helmet netting. The marks on the helmet is more of a tar like substance that part of the netting is stuck to

Comment

Those chunky nets are often Indian...or out that way at least. I'm especially interested in the "padding" around the inner edge of the net itself.....I've only seen that style "out east" but cant recall where. As Jerry says, the "tar" is actually the residue left from the liner of the helmet that was stacked on top for a while in Stores......so perhaps the net hasn't been there all it's life

For £20 you've got a very tidy Mk4 "Turtle"...perhaps with some interesting history maybe????

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Black Bands View Post
                Those chunky nets are often Indian...or out that way at least. I'm especially interested in the "padding" around the inner edge of the net itself.....I've only seen that style "out east" but cant recall where. As Jerry says, the "tar" is actually the residue left from the liner of the helmet that was stacked on top for a while in Stores......so perhaps the net hasn't been there all it's life

For £20 you've got a very tidy Mk4 "Turtle"...perhaps with some interesting history maybe????
                Ah alright I understand now! Just found some more marks on the helmet. The stamps in the shell can be seen on the outside but I can only make out PT on the inside. Do you guys know what the markings mean?
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X