Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ww1/2 british & scottish help needed

Greetings,
    I have returned to collecting WW1 & 2 British and Scottish uniforms and need to find someone who can help me identify kilt patterns, cap badges, and general uniform collecting questions. If you collect these items you know exactly what I mean. It is confusing to say the least!
    Many thanks in advance,
    Vince
    Attached Files

The BD is post war 49 pattern.

Comment

The Major's ribbons are the 1939-45 Star, the War Medal and the Territorial Efficiency Medal, an unusual combination. The TEM was awarded for 12 years service and to enlisted men, so I'd guess he was an inter-War years long service NCO in the Terriers who was commissioned in WWII and served in the UK only. Highland Division, obviously, and the tartan patch is, apparently, 2nd Battalion, Seaforth Highlanders.

[https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Ww2-British...bn_7022767859]

The dress tunic has the MBE, the usual trio for WWI plus a Defense Medal for WWII and one of the Jubilee or Coronation medals. The cap badge on the tam is The Cameron Highlanders. The sporran is the Camerons as well - two tassels, black horsehair on white. Should have a red leather bag, I think. I assume the sash is also to that unit but haven't checked.

Highland Scots stuff in particular is very much studied, so there are lots of resources on the Web.
      Last edited by peter monahan; 07-28-2019, 06:20 AM.

Comment

I know about BS's & headgear, but much Scottish stuff is particular to them and I am by no means an expert.
        If you post stuff here I will comment if I can but I do not tend to operate outside the forums.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X