Hand drawn picture possible by Ronald searle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand drawn picture possible by Ronald searle

Hi picked this hand drawn picture reported to be by the famous cartoonist Ronald searle .Ronaln was captured by the Japanese army in Singapore his drawings are in the imperial war museum a quick search on google tells you all about him .
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

You should consider getting that professionally evaluated and, perhaps, cleaned and preserved. No idea of monetary value, but id it is a Searle it is a rare piece of history!

Comment

Thank you

Thanks peter for your reply I found this at a English flea market in a box of pictures cheers Paul holmes

Comment

This certainly needs a bit of serious investigation. On the face of it, it doesn't look to be in his cartoon style, but that is why it should be investigated by someone who knows what they are on about.

Personally my feeling is that it isn't a Searle, but what the hell do I know

Comment

Originally posted by welrod_man View Post
            This certainly needs a bit of serious investigation. On the face of it, it doesn't look to be in his cartoon style, but that is why it should be investigated by someone who knows what they are on about.

Personally my feeling is that it isn't a Searle, but what the hell do I know
            I am beging to lean this way myself. Not his style at the time or since.

Could be early post war when he started working with ink and pen again.

Comment

Just an opinion but it does not appear to in Searles hand, his work i would say is quite diffrent , just not the quality.

Comment

Managed to find some of his early post war drawings

From this very good history of him

https://www.lambiek.net/artists/s/searle_ronald.htm

Comment

Interesting Post War strip, never seen this time frame, you can see his future ''Trinians'' toons begining in this strip, just to add im still doubtfull if the drawing that started ths thread is a Searle

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X