Bullion Canadian Paratrooper Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullion Canadian Paratrooper Wings

I got these recently in a group to a US soldier. I'm curious what vintage they are? It looks like there was once a pin back attachment on them...
    Attached Files

Definitely post-war.

Comment

These are Dress Mess wings for those paratroopers assigned to an Airborne unit. If you earned them in the US Army, you would wear the metal variation with the red maple leaf. I earned mine with 2 Commando from a jump with gusts up to 22 knots; I did three parachute landing falls on that one jump. Lucky for me Anzio DZ is sandy.

Comment

DZ Anzio in Pet, sweet Jesus...the sand!

As a LEG (which they would write on my mail even in pen) i can say from my experience these are mess kit dress wings, indeed, for a hard para position jumper. The basic para qualified is red leaf only.

Out of respect i have to tell the white wing story I over heard from the vet himself one remembrance day;

A guy from the Airborne Regt had some high number of jumps and was 0f course proud of this and asked the old WW2 1st Can Para vet how many jumps he had, the guy said "2"- D day and the Rhine......end of story....

Best Regards,

Pete

Comment

A pin fastening, to address the other question, is quite unlikely for cloth badge and for Cdn cloth in particular. I suspect they've been glued to somebody's collection board before you got them, or to a sample board perhaps. Nice set!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X