Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry

A WW2 Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Officer's Cap Badge.

Attached Files
    RonR

The original badge, which featured a 'marguerite' [daisy] to honour the wife of the man who raised the regiment, was changed in 1933 to this version. However, I believe this is the standard [OR's] badge, while the officer.'s version is silver with a brass center.
    Last edited by peter monahan; 09-29-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Actually, the badge worn during WW2 was non voided and solid brass or bronze (see my photo below). The voided badge seen in the original post was adopted post war (1948) and was only used for a brief period before the change to the current Queen's crown. And yes, it is an other ranks' badge.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Infanteer; 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Here is a quote from the PPCLI regimental manual on the subject of cap badges:

"102. Second Cap Badge. On 15 June 1933, the cap badge was changed by removing the Marguerite flower and replacing it with the personal cypher and Coronet of HRH Princess Patricia.
        The centre of the officers' badge was pierced (cut away) and of gold or gilt with the remainder of the badge being silver. The other ranks' badge was of solid brass. (Height 4.75 cm, width 3.3 cm) (GO 113/1933).

103. Third Cap Badge. In 1948, the other ranks' badge was pierced in the same manner as the officers' badge of 1933 but was of brass with a white metal centre."

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of knowledgeable people on this and other forums . Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X