R.a.f Types ..having A Jolly Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.a.f Types ..having A Jolly Time

As a collector of british militaria , i have a big love of photos paperwork documents etc ,
    more than any other items ( i.m.o ) i think photos , or letters taken /written at the time are as close to being there as you can get ,perhaps the next best thing to time travel ??.
    ........ ok , I`ll get me head out me arse and stop being `arty ,farty `
    the next couple of photos are of a pile of letters from an RAF bloke to his girl some time in the 1920`s they are very personal in nature ,in fact quite erotic in parts so out of respect i wont re tell ........but one bit i did like was this ,

and i swear its true !!

" the other night me and some of the chaps went to the pub and did not get back to camp till very late about 10.30 pm ,

we retired to the mess where a party was in full swing ,infact a couple of the chaps were getting a bit gay and were tossing a naval type in to a carpet ???? "
    ....well it made me laugh .......
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SHEARING-CROSS; 04-05-2005, 02:13 PM.

[
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SHEARING-CROSS; 04-05-2005, 10:13 AM.

Comment

lol. Funny how language changes isn't it?
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

As Much Fun As Anyone Can Have... Without A TARDIS

... and you are absolutely RIGHT about the "time travel."

Comment

Some of the younger ones do not remember the days when "gay", didn't mean what it does today.

Comment

I think the meaning of gay is changing again. In my college if you call someone gay it would mean they are acting like a d!ck basically. We just call real gay people a homo

Nice letters Mikey boy, very queer

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts
              I think the meaning of gay is changing again. In my college if you call someone gay it would mean they are acting like a d!ck basically. We just call real gay people a homo

Nice letters Mikey boy, very queer
              Jack...are you really sure you want to use `gay dick and homo ` in the same sentence ??

Comment

Originally posted by SHEARING-CROSS
                Jack...are you really sure you want to use `gay dick and homo ` in the same sentence ??
                Nope!

"till very late about 10.30 pm" - How times have changed!

Comment

i know what you mean , over here we have big butch welders from posh places like Doncaster and Castleford shouting at the young trainees when they have made a mistake ...` get a grip and stop being a gay ` which means your acting like a complete dick head `
                  regards ,Michael.

Comment

i know what you mean , over here we have big butch welders from posh places like Doncaster and Castleford shouting at the young trainees when they have made a mistake ...` get a grip and stop being a gay ` which means your acting like a complete dick head `
                    regards ,Michael.
                    Yeah, that's the kinda example I was looking for

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Ragan
                      Some of the younger ones do not remember the days when "gay", didn't mean what it does today.
                      Hiya ,it was`nt just the gay word ` tossing a naval type in to a carpet` ....... urm think its time this thread faded away ?

Comment

Hiya ,it was`nt just the gay word ` tossing a naval type in to a carpet` ....... urm think its time this thread faded away ?
                        Stop being gay Michael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X