Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My RCAF/RAF tunics with DFC

Hi guys,

I know this is mainly a German-related forum but the International community is also well represented so thought i would share my two ID'ed DFC tunics... One RCAF and one RAF...

Hope you like it!

I am Always searching for ID'ed, DFC/DFM - AFC/AFM tunics so if you have one and want to sell it, please drop me a line

Both very nice examples. I really like the RCAF wing.

Mike

Comment

Yes, those are very nice indeed!

Comment

I love 'em!

Comment

Very cool indeed I think I have one somewhere not sure its ideeeeed though . Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
            Very cool indeed I think I have one somewhere not sure its ideeeeed though . Rob
            If you ever find it, i'm always interested in receiving a picture, one never knows

Comment

Thanks guy, will keep you posted if a new tunic turns up!

Comment

Here are some. Sorry for the poor photos.
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Leroy , here is mine , looks like an MC and AFC . Rob
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hmm don't see thta combonation very often. A FAC or spotter plane poilot perhaps??

Comment

Actaully even rarer than a though.

the last ribbon is the 'Meritorious Service Medal' which was only around from 18~28

Must be a pre-war tunic?

Makes me wonder as the MSM without a campaign or long servive decoration would be odd and a wing-commander who was once an NCO odd as well.
                      Last edited by byterock; 07-27-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

You could be any rank to get the RAF MSM , I would guess a WW1 pilot , a lot of people didn’t wear their full array of ribbons on their field uniform just the ones that mattered imo . Rob

Comment

The RAF MSM was never awarded to Officers only Airmen and NCOs.

If you can find aPDF copy of 'The Flying Book' 1918 it has a list of all the RAF MSM not one officer there.

Like you say he my have only had his decorations only on this tunic, which was done as there really is not room on that tunic for two bars.

Most likely had 2 ribbon bars one of 3 we see here and one of 4 or more campain/service medals.

Not an impossable combination just rare. Much like the DSO, MM and DCM combo of Col SGL Bradley which I think is an unique combination.

One have to to a good deal of looking on the Gazette to narrow this chap down.

Comment

According to "Customs & Traditions of the RAF" by P.G. Hering, the RAF MSM could also be earned by warrant officers. It was replaced by the British Empire Medal in 1928.

Mike

Comment

Here's my sole RAF tunic, named to Michael Clifford Foster, served in 51 and 578 Squadrons.

He died in Feb, 2000.

Mike
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X