Road sign sells for $30,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road sign sells for $30,000

So I was looking on eBay for a genuine French wartime road sign. I know a bit of a minefield but anyway I just want something for a display I’m thinking of doing. I came across this one for sale by Vongold.

VERY RARE TOTALLY ORIGINAL LARGE ENAMEL TWO SIDED C1944 WW2 BASTOGNE AREA BATTLE OF THE BULGE ROAD SIGN, WITH BRITISH AIRBORNE LIBERATION CONNECTION. AROUND 3 FEET LONG ENAMEL AND TOTALLY ORIGINAL AND VERY RARE WITH BATTLE DAMAGE. LOOK UP BANDE WW2 AND YOUR REALISE WHAT A HISTORIC SIGN AND PLACE THIS IS..RARE ITEM FROM WW2

£875.00

I contacted Mr Vongold to check what provenance and history came with it for such a price. Here is my reply. Start from the bottom......
    Attached Files

Photos help . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Photos of the actual sign would be nice.

And always buy the item, not the story. From the conversation above it feels like just another seller who tries to fool sellers with crap, as happens all the time on Ebay with the most spectacular stories.

Comment

Do a search for Vongold and there is your answer.

Comment

I indeed did come across this seller before now I did a search on him. The offered Soviet submarine flag has been discussed here on the WAF recently as well, it is an original but has no connection at all with mentioned submarine. Just another interesting story to add to a common item. So he's just another typical Ebay seller spicing up items with stories.

Comment

Here’s the sign.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just look at the other fake items he is selling
              I just don't understand how he gets away with fraud on such a large ,and open , scale

Comment

This appears to be the same eBay seller as vongold - Jobrown1001

Selling flags as genuine WW2 with fake stamps.

Listing even says “not a reproduction real”
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X