Machete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machete

Is everything OK with this machete? I am far from being expert on British ewuipment. I have already seen only examples with date on blade or without date. Colour of the grip plates is also strange. I bought it in this configuration. Do You think it is possible to be matching pair with scabbard? Scabbard is 1943 dated.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hello

genuine machete !

cordially
      Didier

Comment

Nothing wrong with it, these were still being issued through the 1960s & 1970s as part of the equipment for some AFVs.

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff View Post
          Nothing wrong with it, these were still being issued through the 1960s & 1970s as part of the equipment for some AFVs.

Marc
          Many thanks for Your input Marc! I like British equipment but I am still pretty fresh

Comment

Nice example, fresh looking with no damage, clean blade, clean handle and what appears to be a supple leather scabbard and good retaining loop, oh and nice clear markings. These turn up every day but its the condition which sets them apart

Comment

Originally posted by dragnet View Post
              Nice example, fresh looking with no damage, clean blade, clean handle and what appears to be a supple leather scabbard and good retaining loop, oh and nice clear markings. These turn up every day but its the condition which sets them apart
              Thank You dragnet! Leather scabbard is supple indeed and not so much darkened. I have had in my hands a couple of machete sets but scabbards were usually stiff and dark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X