X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help needed brit. or canada? medal

hi
    i need some help with this medal,i found a lot of them in the www
    but i dont know which country its coming from.

and i found a lot of different prices,from 10-200 and more

thanks a lot

regards matze
    Attached Files

two more pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

British War Medal, WW1.

The Canadians were also issued this medal for service. This one looks to have been awarded to a member of the Lancashire Fusiliers.(British Army)

Comment

Canadian issued British War Medals almost always have a 6 digit serial numberon them, as the Canadian Expedicitionary Force used a unified numbering system so that no two men had the same number. Only the very earliest enlistees - the 'First Contingent' - had five digit numbers. Also, the medals would give the man's name and the number of the infantry Battalion or a set of initials such as 'CAMC' for Cdn Army Medical Corps but not words or partial words from the unit name as this one does.

Comment

British War Medal awarded to Private Beaumont Lane Lancashire Fusiliers. Here is his medal record card. There should be a Victory Medal out there somewhere.

I believe that at the end of the war many soldiers were transferred to the Labour Corps to clear up the battle fields etc. I'm sure that someone more knowledgable will explain better.

Nice medal
          Attached Files
          Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
          Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
          Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

Tramnsfers to the Labout Corps were failry common for soldiers who'd been wounded and were considered not fit enough for the trenches but able to serve in non-combatant rolls, so classifcation B1, B2 I think. The Canadians, by 1918, had huge numbers of veteran troops in various ad hoc labour and 'holding companies', often while they convaesced and sometimes as a permanent transfer. Their medals, too, seem to have been named to their original [fighting] units but if one reads service files, as I do, many infantrymen spent time, after wounds or illness, in such service units.

Comment

Hi
              Thank You all very much.
              I dont need this medal,i collect very specialy only.

If someone of you could need/or want it,please let me know!

Regards matze

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X