Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with WWI trio - Cpl. L. TOMBLIN - Northamptonshire Regiment

Hi,

This is my first British WWI medal group. I got them in an auction and it is a typical "Pip, Squeak an Wilfred" group comprised by the 1914-1915 Star, the British War Medal and the Interallied Victory Medal. All of them are marked to Private (later Corporal) L. TOMBLIN, service number 15944, from the North'n. R., which it seems to mean "Northamptonshire Regiment".

I would like to know if it is possible to add more information about this chap from the British War records.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas

Possibly Leonard Tomblin. It doesn't apper to be a very common name.

Try this site first: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/h...rds-1914-1920/

This one is free until you want to look at the actual documents but you can sign up for a free trial. Just be sure to 'unsign' when you're done.

https://search.livesofthefirstworldw...stname=tomblin

Comment

Peter,
      Many thanks for the links provided.
      I really appreciated your help.
      Greetings,
      Douglas.

Comment

Enlisted 7th September 1914.Landed in France 1st September 1915 with the 7th battalion. Discharged due to wounds on 5th December 1918 and awarded a Silver War Badge.

Looking at birth records I think he was Lenoard Pateman Tomblin, born 1897 died in 1964. Born and lived in Kettering, Northamptonshire, England.

1911 living at 84 Nelson Street Kettering Northamptonshire. Working as a tailor fitter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X