Photograph of British Fascists with SS, SA, etc in Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photograph of British Fascists with SS, SA, etc in Germany

I put this in this section for the collector of British fascist uniforms of this time period.

British Union of Fascists, Imperial Fascist League, SS, SA, Hitler Youth, NSDAP and civilians (German and/or English?) in Düsseldorf-Kaiserswerth, Germany, September, 1933. The BUF and the IFL had delegations at the NSDAP Nuremberg Rally and I believe this photo may of been taken on their way back home to England. Notice the Union Jack on the left arm of the IFL member to the right of center.

I need to make a correction on this photo. I've been indirectly in contact with the author of Mosley's Men In Black, John Millican and he say's that the British Fascists in the photo are all BUF but of different divisions, hence the difference in uniform.

Below is the message I received:

"Hi Charles

Please read below John Millican's latest info and details on one of the guys in your photo.
    British Union membership was divided as follows:

Division One Blackshirts: fencing style shirt with metal figure 1 on chest as in your photo. Requirement: at least 2 evenings active service per week.

Division Two Blackshirts: fencing style shirt. Requirement: at least 1 evenings active service per month.

Division Three Blackshirts: undress black shirt with collar and tie. Requirements: no regular service required but expected to support meetings and marches as able.

The union jack armbands in the photo I believe are non-official brassards used purely for this visit to Germany to identify themselves as British."

Image I was sent of one of the men in this photo with details. He is the one with an arm over the German in uniform.

Here he is again with Mosley
    Last edited by BlackWatch1; 02-24-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X