X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo flashed MKII helmet

Hi to all,

Very happy to show you my just arrived camo MKII helmet, a killer one IMO
    It's the first time I see a camo with belgian flash.
    The shell is a british Ro&Co III 1940 dated and the liner is a british TTC II 1940 dated. The chin starp is a MKIII
    Unfortunally, no story with this one, but IMO it's a rare belgian commando helmet from the italian front.
    I hope you'll appreciate it.
    Regards.

Blurry photos are never a good start neither an elastic chinstrap ( personally ) Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I love this helmet! I see no problem with the chin strap. I have helmets out of the woodwork with the same strap.

Comment

Hi!

Since there is no provenance, could the "flag" be a REME flash instead of Belgian? As for the camo pattern, isn't it usually associated with Home Front units? I am not trying to degrade it, but are there any supporting facts?

Rob, why don't you like the MkIII chinstrap? Due to the later date of introduction of those, seen here on a 1940 dated helmet and liner or don't you like them in general on wartime dated helmets?

Regards,
        Giorgos

Comment

I like it!

Comment

I dont know I have 20 or 30 or more Tommy helmets and none have an elastic chinstrap . Mostly seen on late war helmets and given out to replace old ones so I have read . Or used post war . This helmet needs in focus photos , helmets like this are sold on a regular basis on UK ebay by unscrupulous sellers vontwat spazmil etc . Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Rob!

Regards,
              Giorgos

Comment

Pictures aren't great, but think camo is good, used by the HG and the army alike. Chin strap was first introduced in 1941, so no problems there.
                I have an REME flash, and the blue is almost black, which might be the case with yours.

Comment

looks to be a really nice camo.

Comment

new pics

Sorry for the porr quality of the first pics, taken afterwork at night.
                    Here a some new pics taken with daylight.
                    It's a belgian flash, no a REME one
                    No problem with this one Rob

Comment

Now seeing the size of the flash, yes, Belgium. Very nice it is too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X