British Wings Interrogation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Wings Interrogation

I just got this King Crown British Wings Sweeheart pin with a « W » letter on it and I am trying to figure out what it can mean. I know that such letters are related to the position of the guys in the crew, B stand for « Bomber», AG » Air Gunner» , O « Observer», etc.

I had never found one with a «W» before and have no idea of the meaning, I had try to find information in my canadian badges books ( from what I undersatnd Canada in WWII use the same system of letters than Britain) and got nothing about a W Wings. Any help will be appreciate.

I think it is an early version of the RAF Wings Appeal (or similar), it says wings for Britian on the reverse and is not a military or sweetheart badge as such, but a fund raiser.

https://www.rafa.org.uk/get-involved/wings-appeal/

Comment

I have found some more informations about it and they go in the same way as you said, its a fundraiser. The W stand for «War Donation», the wings were given, not awarded, for enterprise or individual who had contribute to the war effort during WWII. They are in Warren Carroll books "Eagles Recalled" at page 126.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X