Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post War British Ammo Boots size 10/11

Hello!

I've been trying to find some ammo boots for what seems like ages. I'm specifically looking for a pair of late 1940's to 1950's Ammo Boots that have not had any bulling done to them. In other words i would like all of the pebbling to be there. I would like the sole to have either no nails or the correct WW2 type of nails. I'm a size 11US so about a 10L UK (Anything around there should work!). So if any of you lads just have a pair lying around collecting dust and want some money for them, shoot me a message!

Thanks!

A. Selig

If you want these to wear, for re-enacting, for example, there are several companies both in the Uk and US who'll sell you new repros. I believe at least one makes a WWII boot as well as WWI. I assume when you say 'ammo boots' you mean Brit issue.

I have a pair of What Price Glory WWI ammo boots and they're well made.
    https://www.atthefrontshop.com/US_WWII_Boots_s/71.htm
    https://onlinemilitaria.net/products/c108-BOOTS/

Comment

I've looked at all of the reproduction available but they dont have the correct sole as originals have with the little nails (not the hobnails). Other than that they look nice.
      Thanks!
      Alex

Comment

I don't have a source for the flat nails, but you can get the boots without any sole nails, I believe.

Ican't even get hob nails anymore except the smaller ones, in very limited quantities - last of an old stash - so I have no idea where you'd find the flat ones. Sorry! You may have to go with originals

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X