Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOTS,Need help!!

Hi every gentlemen:
    Please ID these boots & teach me,....GOOd or BAD?

If they're genuine item,how much money can buy?
    Thank you very much!!!

EDITED:

Thank you very much Mr.Adrian Stevenson!!!
    Last edited by Katsumasa; 03-21-2005, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Hi Katsumasa, these are British "ammo boots". Worn by all members of the British Army. They are a size 8 small. I cannot read the date on them. They could be late war or even 1950's issue. The design basically did not change.

The screw missing from the steel toe plate was done to save money! This is true

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Katsumasa/Ade,

I can't say how old these boots are but there were still one or two NCOs wearing ammo boots in the 1980s. I remember watching one full screw on a charge (I was next in line) being marched in to the COs office and he slipped over on the Colonel's parquet floor being followed by a few choice words from the RSM, who also added that ammo boots weren't allowed to be worn. I'm quite sure the drill squares still saw a few of them though.

Tony

Comment

Ammo Boots

I can't tell from the photos if wartime or not. I have two pair that are wartime dated (1940 and one dated 1945) but I also have one dated 1955 that looks exactly like the wartime issued ones. There were some differences in the nails and cleats on the soles from one year to the next. I once dressed up as a British WWII Para and did a static display in a War Era C-47 with my postwar ammo boots on. I had a terrible time trying to walk uphill inside the parked C-47 because the deck (floor) of the C-47 is made of metal. I would pull up on step and slide back two steps. It was like walking on ice.

Comment

We still used these ammo boots for No.1 dress and No. 2 dress. The odd NCO in the ealrier days I recall wore them in his barrack dress also. It was about 93-94 I had to do away with mine and hand them back in and we then had to 'bull' up (I spooned the buggers) our combat boots.

Slippy things alright !!! After basic I went to Keogh Bks in Aldershot, and anyone who knows that place the parade ground is on a slope.....bugger of a parade ground.

I found drilling in these a pain in the back side, you can't help until used to them walking almost flat footed and the static left/right turn or 'heey bout tan !!!' could easily be over emphasised !!!

Still I'm glad I only had to do heavy drill in them, I wouldn't want to be LI and ponce around in these

There is such a thing as a Cadet boot which is very similar to the ammo boot, I had a pair in the early '80's when I was in the ATC. I guess these to could be passed of as early ammo boots etc. I think this would account for the rather smaller sizes encountered in these boots perhaps.

An 8 small could be a man or youth I guess.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X