Todays score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays score

I was at the flea merket in my local area and scored these 2 medals and ribbon for $20.00. I am happy with the deal but I am looking for cases as displayed in my pictures to hold them and others I have can anyone recommend a place one can go to get some??

any help would be appriciated
    Thanks

Joe
    Attached Files

cases

Cases

any help would be appriciated
    Thanks

Joe
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't want to highjack the thread, but I have never seen one of these cases. Are they private purchase? I have only ever seen the mailing boxes for the medals.
      Can someone tell me if these are WWII vintage?
      Thanks!
      Allan

Comment

No

Originally posted by Allan H.
        I don't want to highjack the thread, but I have never seen one of these cases. Are they private purchase? I have only ever seen the mailing boxes for the medals.
        Can someone tell me if these are WWII vintage?
        Thanks!
        Allan
        These cases come with modern medals from 1960's? to date I believe. These are the cases that come directly from the Government when the medals are presented to the soldier. I this is not correct I would appriciate any imput. Thanks

Joe

Comment

These cases (or similar) have been in use since the 1950s. A few different varieties of medal have been presented in them, the most common being the Canadian Forces Decoration, but also the Canadian Centennial Medal and quite probably a few other less common ones.

WWII medals issued to Canadians were presented in small white cardboard packets with the name of the Star/Medal stamped on the lid.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Adam J. Haslett
            These cases (or similar) have been in use since the 1950s. A few different varieties of medal have been presented in them, the most common being the Canadian Forces Decoration, but also the Canadian Centennial Medal and quite probably a few other less common ones.

WWII medals issued to Canadians were presented in small white cardboard packets with the name of the Star/Medal stamped on the lid.

Cheers,

Adam
            All the responses are appriciated very much, I would still like to find a place to get some of these medal cases anyone with any suggestions??

Thanks

Joe

Comment

I've seen these on ebay from time to time...larger dealers don't seem to carry this kind of thing but it's something you might be able to pick up at a local show.

Shouldn't be too expensive as they are quite common.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Adam J. Haslett
                I've seen these on ebay from time to time...larger dealers don't seem to carry this kind of thing but it's something you might be able to pick up at a local show.

Shouldn't be too expensive as they are quite common.

Cheers,

Adam
                I will keep my eyes open Thanks a million

Joe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X