Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16th lancers medals WW1

Hi,
    I'm quite a rookie into Britisch WW1 medals and is trying to start a collection

I was offered these 2 WW1 medals from a 16th lancer, what would a fair value be?
    Attached Files

Shame its missing the victory medal , there should be three , however its a Mons star and its to the Lancers which is a lovely unit and if the War medal is named to the same bloke then some money . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Correct name appears to be Edward Farrell, also renumbered 13039 at a later stage with the Corps of Lancers, his service file exists on ancestry.He had service in the Boer War, so also missing 2 medals from that conflict.Wounded in 1914.
      Regards,
      Dc.
      Last edited by damien C.; 12-02-2017, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Missing two medals out of his four medal entitlement, or 2 out of 5 if he was also awarded the LSGC medal., and/or a KSA
        Indeed, a famous regiment, but, personally, I would wait for a group that is complete. Thre are usually quite a few complete groups, even to cavalry regiments for sale on Ebay, as well as dealer sites.
        Dix Noonan Webb has a very large medal auction upcoming later this week, with many WWI groups offered.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X