X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with some Items

Got some Stuff in and need some help as I don't have access to my files for
    some day's.
    Is the Helmet a Paracutists, lightweight and how much it is worth?
    Attached Files

Some Insignia.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes the helmet is as you suggest, no idea on value, mine was free! Frontier Force Regiment, 2nd King Edward VIIs Own Gurkha Rifles Parachutist Qualification badge, Royal Navy Parachutist qualification badge.

Marc

Comment

Frontier Force Regiment was a regiment of the Indian Army of the British Empire. I think these shoulder titles continued to be used after India became independent in 1947.
        Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
        Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
        Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff View Post
          Yes the helmet is as you suggest, no idea on value, mine was free! Frontier Force Regiment, 2nd King Edward VIIs Own Gurkha Rifles Parachutist Qualification badge, Royal Navy Parachutist qualification badge.

Marc
          Marc, thanks a lot, I really didn't thought about the RN one.
          I'm still at the Kassel Show and business is lousy.
          I really can't wait until the year is over.
          Lost some family Members in Summer and autumn, and on the way to the show, the generator of my Van told me that he isn't willing to play it's role any longer so I sat a whole day in the wilderness of thuringia to wait for a new one and get it installed. Lost a whole day to set up my booth.
          The only real nice time was in Scotland for Remembrance Weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesT View Post
            Frontier Force Regiment was a regiment of the Indian Army of the British Empire. I think these shoulder titles continued to be used after India became independent in 1947.
            Yes, the FFR ist still active in the Pakistani Army.

Comment

The para lightweight has the earlier brow pad which adds somewhat to its value, but they can be got for as little as £20 (which I paid for one of those I have) and up to a few hundred for a minty early type with the original straps, which the one you show does not, so anywhere between £30 to £50 imo, but I assume someone else will tell you a different value, it is subjective, if it has dated labels, or shiny bolts...etc.

Comment

There are people on the British badeg Forum who would almost certainly be happy to take the FFR badge off your hANDS.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X