Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Tank Crew Helmet?

Hi guys,
    I got this helmet from local flea market. Whan kind of helmet is it? WW2 period? I did not find any date in it.
    Many thanks,
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Not my area of expertise, but I think 'despatch rider' rather than tank crew.

Comment

Tanker helmet. In the liner should be a date/maker/size stamp

Comment

A very strange example, it has too many rivets to be a tankers helmet, which should only have one on each side for the chinstrap and either a hole or a stub in the top of the dome for the liner. Perhaps it has been messed with, but your poor pics don't help IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
            A very strange example, it has too many rivets to be a tankers helmet, which should only have one on each side for the chinstrap and either a hole or a stub in the top of the dome for the liner. Perhaps it has been messed with, but your poor pics don't help IMO.
            I agree. Too many rivets. The shell looks OK.
            Nothing I have seen on my tank helmets.

Comment

I take better pics....
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I did not find maker or dates in the liner.
                    Attached Files

Comment

A better pic of the whole liner would help, also any of the rivets on the inside, especially the ones holding the liner in place, not those holding the chinstrap lugs. Whatever it is or was, it has been messed with and is a very late war or post war shell because of the recessed central hole in the top of the shell that has been converted.

Peter's suggestion it was a DR helmet seems likely from the extra rivets that would have held the liner, but I have never seen one converted with the recessed hole in the dome before.

Comment

If its an HSDR, there should be 4 rivets, two large, two small, these not including the two at the sides for the chin strap lugs.
                        Are there 4?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X