Need Badge ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Badge ID

Need some propper ID for these 2 Insignia.
    couldn't find a satisfying Info in the Net.
    Attached Files

Another one.
    Attached Files

Comment

Clover I believe belongs to the royal Irish regiment.

Comment

Nobody an Idea?

Comment

Not sure about top TRF perhaps a TA unit or something, it has the scottish regiment's TRF marking and the yorkshire/lancashire rose so TA would make sense as their regiments tend to be made from multiple squadrons/companies/battalions nationwide.

the clover is the Royal Irish Regt.

The crossed SA80's are meant to be a marksmanship badge but i for one have never seen it used nor even seen it before, from decades ago to when i left a few years ago we were using crossed rifles which resembled lee-enfields.

Perhaps a bunch were made for use or perhaps it was used exclusively by the Small Arms School Corps or something, as they tend to do their own things and have their own customs.

Comment

Wasn't sure about the Shamrock as it is made from heavy Felt and not like the "normal" TRF's, woven or Embroidered.
            With the Scottish TRF it's a shame as I had the description gut lost it.
            The Crossed Rifles make sense, I also know the embroidered or bullion ones worn on the Sleeves like these RGJ / 21SAS(V)
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
              Another one.
              BTW:
              These metal ones came from an MOD Source, so I guess, they're something official or maybe trial.

Comment

At least for the Shamrock I got an positive ID.

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30072763

full name:
                badge, formation,
                38th (Irish) Infantry Brigade &
                North Irish Training Brigade Group

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
                  At least for the Shamrock I got an positive ID.

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30072763

full name:
                  badge, formation,
                  38th (Irish) Infantry Brigade &
                  North Irish Training Brigade Group
                  I doubt that you badge is from WW2, it is more likely to be from Gulf War 1 when a number of Shamrock badges were sent over.

Your first badge is from the Army Training Regiment Glencorse, worn by the instructors circa 1993, however they have been remade along side lots of other badges that were only made in small numbers and only worn for a very short period.

The cross rifles badge might may well be coming into service officially soon. It was first used in May 2014 when it was introduced by the Commander 1st (UK) Division for "Combat Marksman", again only a few were awarded, but many have since been produced, also one with the Sniper version of the rifle.

Hope this helps.
                  Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff View Post
                    I doubt that you badge is from WW2, it is more likely to be from Gulf War 1 when a number of Shamrock badges were sent over.

Your first badge is from the Army Training Regiment Glencorse, worn by the instructors circa 1993, however they have been remade along side lots of other badges that were only made in small numbers and only worn for a very short period.

The cross rifles badge might may well be coming into service officially soon. It was first used in May 2014 when it was introduced by the Commander 1st (UK) Division for "Combat Marksman", again only a few were awarded, but many have since been produced, also one with the Sniper version of the rifle.

Hope this helps.
                    Marc

Marc, thank's for the Info.
                    You'll be right, it's not a WWII Shamrock, but it was the closest I found.
                    All the Best
                    Nico

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X