drop zone patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drop zone patches

Has anyone any information about the drop zone patches on a denison smock , unfortunately they had been removed from the smock before i owned it ,the outline is still there and traces of yellow , I dont know if its any detrement but the smock came from Australia and its a john gordon 1943
    regards
    andy
    Attached Files

drop zone patch

patches on both arms
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Andy, C Coy of 4th Battl Parachute Regt use a square yellow DZ patch. I have no idea of when this was introduced as "modern" post 1945 stuff is really outside of my interests. But WW2 pattern smocks got used for years by the TA.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
        Hi Andy, C Coy of 4th Battl Parachute Regt use a square yellow DZ patch. I have no idea of when this was introduced as "modern" post 1945 stuff is really outside of my interests. But WW2 pattern smocks got used for years by the TA.

Cheers, Ade.
        thanks a lot Ade ,
        will look into that ,
        Last edited by andrew b; 03-17-2005, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Pass in Review

Just checked in Charles Edwards's "Pass in Review" book on DZ flashes, and there is a mention of 33 Parachute Light Regiment RA wearing a 2 1/2" x 2" 1/2" DZ flash in yellow manufactured of felt or melton wool.

33 Light Regiment RA existed from 1957 through 1961.

Regards

Gary J.

Comment

drop zone patches

thanks for the replys and it is like a felt material , and like Ade said they were used by the TA , so if you dont mind me asking would a ww2 smock still have been in service after all those years or would they have been replaced by the newer versions ,as you can see its in superb condition and to be dated 43 and then used by the TA
            thanks again for your help
            andy
            Attached Files

Comment

Most definitely !!

The Smocks would have been in use way after the war.
              As an example infact, the SAS were still using WW2 dated "Desert windproof smocks" in the Gulf wars !!

Gary J.

Comment

Hi Andy, I have seen wartime smocks come out of TA stores only ten years ago. I was there when an Officers full length zip smock was found. Sadly I did not get it.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X