Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Para helmet fibre rim

Hallo To all
    I have this para helmet shell with the inner helmet but it is missing the lether chin strap and it is marked BMB 1942.
    Is there anny body the can tell me price on such a helmet it has to go to fund other projekts.
    Regards
    Rasmus Freudendal
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Last one
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rasmus, it is a great pity that this helmet has lost it's chinstraps The liner band has been badly bent by whoever took the helmet apart.

What is the size? This will be stamped next to the makers mark and date.

The chances of finding orginal replacement leather chinstraps will be slim I think? But good copies can be purchased if someone wanted to complete the helmet for display.

A "value" is hard to estimate. One can only go by things you have seen for sale in the past and I have not seen one of these for sale missing it's chinstraps? Did you read the thread regarding Para helmets converted by the Aussies on the forum the other day? These were selling for £750. Given the condition of yours I would guess at a "value" of £250? But please get some other opinions. I dislike putting prices on items.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Rasmus,
                I agree with Adrian, finding a original strap is almost impossible.
                The value for this lid could be about $300.
                Hope it can help.
                Philippe

Comment

Hi Rasmus,

What a shame the straps are missing; hard to put a price on it but the amounts mentioned above seem fair.
                  The shell seems to be in a better condition than the liner; have these been put together?
                  You can always add webstraps and sell as an Aussie tankers helmet .
                  Please don't buy replacement straps from ebayer warthersoriginals (or whatever his name is today). I bought those to see what the quality was and if they could be mistaken for genuine ones and they are VERY BAD. They don't even come close to the original ones.
                  Regards, Luc

Comment

I think it has been repainted on the outside. This knocks the value down more than the missing straps for me.

Regards,

Steve

Comment

Black sorbo rubber

I must admit I've not over-keen on the black sorbo rubber in the liner.
                      It might be me, .... but it looks too thick !

Gary J.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Jucha
                        It might be me, .... but it looks too thick !

Gary J.
                        Gary, the reason it is thick is because it is a very small size (6 something) and the sorbo functions as a filler.
                        Regards, Luc

Comment

Sorbo rubber

That was why I asked about the size too

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP
                            I think it has been repainted on the outside. This knocks the value down more than the missing straps for me.

Regards,

Steve
                            In my opinion, this is most definately not a repainted example. Look at the areas around where the screws are meant to be for example. I think this helmet has been in storage for the past 60 odd years because the liner looks like the mice have nibbled at it, inside looks like damp may have got to it and the overall condition doesn't suggest service wear.

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X