Canadian Hate Belt pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Hate Belt pickup

Guys, as below, a "hate" belt picked up locally last weekend. It has a predominance of Canadian buttons, but also French, Australian, German, New Zealand and UK. Interestingly one solitary US button. Looks like a rear area souvenir belt to me, lots of fun. The Canadian units are all from different divisions, that makes me think of a rear area camp or training ground.

nice belt Geoff, good compliment of buttons and the fact they are all different makes it very interesting, I need a 72nd button btw, lol

Comment

Originally posted by grndevil44 View Post
      nice belt Geoff, good compliment of buttons and the fact they are all different makes it very interesting, I need a 72nd button btw, lol
      I have a nice 72nd cap badge if you like? I was putting my wife's GD's memorial frame together and ended up with 2 of them. You know, since we are being chancey

Comment

Very cool belt! Lots of character.

I just recently picked up a group belonging to a guy in the 72nd. Came with his glengarry and one, lonely button

Finn

Comment

My wife's GrandDad was killed on 18th October, 1944 at Ponte de la Pietra, near Cesena. Stray shell aimed at a rations distribution spot. Bad luck more than anything, 1 man isn't worth loosing a shell at. A bunch standing around picking up hot food apparently was.

You need to talk to the bloke above, sounds like he needs your button, lol.

Comment

Lovely belt, though I think the rings holding the buttons on are a later replecement for whatever was originally there - boot laces, wire or whatever. Some very nice buttons too!

Comment

Yes, agreed. The first few buttons are held on by old flat style split rings that are heavily corroded. The others are modern round profile ones. I am betting this belt's been fixed a few times although I think it's a period put together due to the wear marks on the belt.

Comment

I agree: based on the wear, a period piece, which has been 'fixed' .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X