Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paratroopers parachute dummy - type, period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paratroopers parachute dummy - type, period?

So i ended up with that one, and know nothing about it, not even how to put it on, gave up after several attempts...

So any help highly appreciated, also if and if so what value it might have.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

chute

A British parachute, used for ground training. It is has some slightly different features to a 67 dated one I have, mainly with the chest release, so maybe a little bit later than that?
        If its packed for the weight of a chute they can be a bit heavy and a pain to get on, especially on a mannequin. The strap with the black tape on it goes over your shoulders, it will be easier if you do up the 2 chest straps first rather than the leg straps - which will be the 2 longer ones, they all simply click into the chest release. Bit hard to explain rather than show
        Value? They are not all that common but with the ground training markings probably makes it a little less desirable than a "live" one, I payed 600 euro for mine buts its got the chute still and no markings on it.
        I've attached a pic, it may or may not help in figuring it out.
        Cheers.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Its quite light, so definately no canopy inside. I know how to put on a german RZ36, which also has a central lock, but here i have to give up, even with help of a book i could not work it out...

So maybee around 400 € value? What might be the best way to sell it?

Comment

Hello,

This is a PX1 Mk4 "Dummy" parachute used by British Airborne Forces from the 60's to around 1995 when it was replaced by the H124 LLP.

Very similar to the wartime rigs however you will notice 4 D rings on the front of the harness the top 2 for the PR7 Reserve and the lower 2 for the CSPEP: Container Straps Personnel Equipment Parachutist (Bergan/weapon)

We used these dummy rigs practising Aircraft drills or dry training at No1 PTS (Parachute Training School) at RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire and at RAF Pitts Road in Aldershot, Hampshire.

Im not a paid up member on here anymore but if you send me an email address I can send you a picture of me wearing a live rig in the early 1990's.

I can then attempt to explain the fitting of the harness.

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X