Denison price guide please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denison price guide please.

Could someone please give me a rough price guide to British Denison para smocks. I am sorry if this has been discussed before, but I've only recently taken an interest in them and I expect prices have changed a lot over the last few years. I am talking about the 3 main types in excellent condition, untouched and good size:
    1. First pattern , hand painted.
    2. First pattern, screen printed.
    3. 2nd pattern, button cuffs.

Cheers,
    Steve

P.S . PM me if you prefer.

Hi Steve, I think starting prices for any 1st pattern today will be in the region of £550. For a 2nd pattern start at £450.

Having said that bargains can always be found.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I agree with Ade.
      The price does seems to be affected by size (bigger IS better) and obviously condition).
      A readable tag always adds to the price, even if it is clearly genuine smock.

If you see a bargain let me know will you? I'm still looking for a 1st pattern.
      Regards, Luc

Comment

Whatever you can nick them for ,

Seriously though Ade is bang on there. Good, big, un-messed with hand paints can make more and knackered, small, Button cuffs can make a bit less, (if you are lucky).

Yours, Guy

Comment

The market prices are getting higher all the time. I just very recently paid £640 for a classic 44 dated John Gordon 2nd Pattern in decent shape and size. And to think just a few years ago, the same type of smock would have been about £400-450. Oh well, I guess in 10 years time they will be selling for twice the price and I will be thinking how smart I was to buy them now?

Comment

All it needs is Spielberger to make a movie about how the Brit Paras sunk the Bismark and prices will go sky high .Rob.
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Spleenburger

Robb,
              If Spleenburger says "it happened" .... IT HAPPENED !!!!!

Anyhow, it wasn't the Bismarck, ... it was the Tirpitz !

Gary J.

Originally posted by ROBB
              All it needs is Spielberger to make a movie about how the Brit Paras sunk the Bismark and prices will go sky high .Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Des Thomas
                And to think just a few years ago, the same type of smock would have been about £400-450.
                Hi Des,
                I guess I was lucky to find mine for that figure in Euro then!
                Regards, Luc

Comment

First Pattern

I saw a first pattern with half zipper that had a snap pulled through with the tag at the SOS Louisville, KY. last year (2004) and the dearler was asking $950 USD. I don't know if it sold.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X